Summit--excursions--feedback?

momoftwo11

Hi. New to sailing and new to Celebrity. We will be going on a trip to Bermuda on August 5th. Not sure which excursions to book. Is there any financial incentive to book before you sail vs. on board? Anyone have any feedback on trips that were good or bad? Also, I see there is an option for a Bermuda Destination Highlights package (4 excursions over 3 days) but I can't find how to book it directly. Thank you to all experienced cruisers...I have learned so much and am looking forward to leaving in 8 days.:)

Hi. New to sailing and new to Celebrity. We will be going on a trip to Bermuda on August 5th. Not sure which excursions to book. Is there any financial incentive to book before you sail vs. on board? Anyone have any feedback on trips that were good or bad? Also, I see there is an option for a Bermuda Destination Highlights package (4 excursions over 3 days) but I can't find how to book it directly. Thank you to all experienced cruisers...I have learned so much and am looking forward to leaving in 8 days.:)

Hi:) there are no financial incentives.....same price whether you

book on line or in person.

You sail in just over a week? This is an FYI....they close the on line

portion 4 days before each cruise so that gives you only a few days

if you are going to book via the net.

As for what is offered? If you go to the website, you can register

on line, enter your booking # and there will be a link to

excursions....also, since you are going soon:D....I suggest printing

out your Xpress pass too.

Thank you. I am aware that on line booking closes very soon so I was trying to get our excursions planned today or tomorrow. Since the excursion that I was interested in is in the 48 page download of excursions, but not available when I put in my cruise info, I would suppose it is not available on this cruise. Thanks again.

For a general tour, I'd go with a blue flag taxi at the pier who are qualified to give island tours...ours was FANTASTIC. $40/hour, minimum 3 hours but we added an extra hour. As for a snorkeling/catamaran excursion, we used the ship since the $69/person was a good price anyway. If you choose an excursion on the last day at port, booking with the ship ensures it won't leave without you in the event you are caught in traffic...a real possibility in Bermuda!

we took two excellent cruise line excursions which enbabled us to bypass the early crowds waiting for cabs & busses...we always book them ahead so they are pre-paid & reserved.. you can always change them up to a certain time.....As Lois said--you will need to book quickly for advance res. or book once you get onboard..

first port day we took a water tour of beautiful homes & areas...ending in Hamilton...we had a nice afternoon there & returned via ferry with the ticket provided by our tour co....

second day we had a full day bus tour that covered much of the island including the light house, Botanical Gardens (short stop for pictures & shopping in the gift shop) and St George's ( a short stop but time enough for a very quick lunch)

In between we found enough to do at the port area so did not need to take cabs or busses or rent cycles....and it was not really beach weather..

Archived