White Pass RR

vtwgalmm

Several years ago we went to Skagway and rode the White Pass RR. At that time there was a lot of chatter about which side of the train to sit on. I think it was the left. It turned out to be very good information. I have a friend that is going to be in Skagway in a couple of months and I was trying to tell her which side to sit on and cannot find my information and have been unsuccessful in locating it on this site. Does anybody know the answer? Thanks :)

Several years ago we went to Skagway and rode the White Pass RR. At that time there was a lot of chatter about which side of the train to sit on. I think it was the left. It turned out to be very good information. I have a friend that is going to be in Skagway in a couple of months and I was trying to tell her which side to sit on and cannot find my information and have been unsuccessful in locating it on this site. Does anybody know the answer? Thanks :)

What they did on last two trains trips , they had people change sides at the top before going back. If you where on the right leaving Skagway you where moved to the left going back to Skagway . Therefore you changed and saw the other side.

I just got back last night from a fabulous RT from Seattle. The best views from the White Pass RR are on the left side if you are ascending. Obviously, they are on the right side as you are descending. We took a bus to the Yukon and the Rail back. Therefore, we sat on the right side of the train. It was great, by the way!

Thanks, that's what I remembered but I hated to tell her that and I had remembered it backwards. I knew I could get the answer here. We enjoyed it very much also. We did the train and the car and liked the train best. Car was good but if I could only do one I'd do train and the other three felt the same way. Thanks again.

Archived