new port Canaveral terminal

gbphatcat

How is the new terminal?

I have never sailed from this port previously so I can't give a comparison per se but yes, it's new! Obviously i can't speak from the embarkation side of things but from a disembarkation perspective the process was fairly smooth. We were probably one of the first groups of the ship at 7:45am using the self-assist option.

Immediately outside the terminal to the right I recall there being buses for airport transfers and to the left maybe was an area for either taxis or curbside pickup. I apologize if this is not the exact setup as I am going by my very early morning before breakfast memory. For those using shuttles or other bus type transfers you had to walk through a "tunnel" that connects the terminal to the parking structure. Adjacent to the parking structure is a surface lot where the shuttles/buses line up.

My observations are these:

1. As with anything new, I imagine they have some logistics to work out but for the first go round we got where we needed to go and there was staff at various points to help us.

2. Since we got off the ship fairly early it's hard to say what the experience is like for someone coming off later when new passengers may be arriving for the next cruise.

3. All in all no complaints...we were off the ship at 7:45am, picked up the shuttle to the park-n-ride and were in our car to head home by 8:30-8-40ish.

I have never sailed from this port previously so I can't give a comparison per se but yes, it's new! Obviously i can't speak from the embarkation side of things but from a disembarkation perspective the process was fairly smooth. We were probably one of the first groups of the ship at 7:45am using the self-assist option.

Immediately outside the terminal to the right I recall there being buses for airport transfers and to the left maybe was an area for either taxis or curbside pickup. I apologize if this is not the exact setup as I am going by my very early morning before breakfast memory. For those using shuttles or other bus type transfers you had to walk through a "tunnel" that connects the terminal to the parking structure. Adjacent to the parking structure is a surface lot where the shuttles/buses line up.

My observations are these:

1. As with anything new, I imagine they have some logistics to work out but for the first go round we got where we needed to go and there was staff at various points to help us.

2. Since we got off the ship fairly early it's hard to say what the experience is like for someone coming off later when new passengers may be arriving for the next cruise.

3. All in all no complaints...we were off the ship at 7:45am, picked up the shuttle to the park-n-ride and were in our car to head home by 8:30-8-40ish.

Thanks!

What cruise line will be using this new terminal??

The only two contracted at this time with Port Canaveral for use of the new Terminal 6 are Carnival & Norwegian . . . although PC is hoping to lure one of the RCCL big sisters to this location now that there is a terminal that could handle the challenge (T-10 can't).

The only two contracted at this time with Port Canaveral for use of the new Terminal 6 are Carnival & Norwegian . . . although PC is hoping to lure one of the RCCL big sisters to this location now that there is a terminal that could handle the challenge (T-10 can't).

Interesting!

Tom

I read the NCL Breakaway will come to Pt. Canaveral in October

Yes, but October 2013 . . . and only as a port stop on its Bahamas itinerary from New York.

Prior to that it will also be occasionally used for another NCL visiting PC as a port stop.

• 8 months later...

Looks like Port Canaveral is pondering an even larger terminal for the massive ships of the future. I'm surprised since it's been less than a year since the completion of Terminal 6. At any rate, cruise traffic at the 2nd busiest cruise port appears to be ever increasing! Looking forward to another cruise terminal build at my homeport! :)

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20130412/BUSINESS/304120025/Port-Canaveral-ponders-giant-cruise-terminal-attract-megaships

Archived