new port Canaveral terminal

gbphatcat

i have seen the pictures of the new terminal on facebook was just wondering if it is allready opened or is there a date when it will open soon

New terminal? What was wrong with the "old" one? Wasn't it pretty new anyway?

There was no Terminal 6. The New Terminal 6 Passenger Terminal should open very soon. . . It is between Terminal 5 (CCL) and Terminal 8 (DCL)

Radio

;);)

New terminal? What was wrong with the "old" one? Wasn't it pretty new anyway?

Preparing for more ships and potentially one of the "big ones". For now, we have Ecstasy at a makeshift terminal down the channel waiting for a more permanent docking area.

In that webcam, I am not seeing the "$7.5 million parking garage with a covered walkway and first-level retail shops". Perhaps the project was trimmed a bit. If they are going to charge you out the $%% for parking, a garage would be "nice"!

Tom

I've been watching the project as well. Here's a couple potentially interesting links related:

http://www.crossmanco.com/assets/files/CCT6%20-%20Port%20Canaveral%20Cruise%20Terminal%206%20-%20Flyer.pdf

http://www.iveysconstruction.com/CurrentProjects/039_CruiseTerminalSixParkingGarage.asp

The parking garage is hiding. Its on the far side mostly out of view. if you look closely at the terminal 6 main roof on the far left corner as the camera sees it, you'll see the corner of the parking garage. Note the tall light poles are visible between the terminal and the garage. That's what it looks like to me anyway.

Which ship remains a puzzle. I had read that Royal wants terminal 10 complex to itself as Disney has 8. I've read they'd like to get Ecstasy out of the main channel from terminal 3. Perhaps all Carnival ships will exist in the terminal 5/6 complex with its new parking facilities?? If this were the case, I would think they would put Dream at 6, and run Ecstasy/Sensation from 5. All conjecture and maybe wishful thinking since I'd like to take Dream out of the new terminal! lol Its also problematic if all 3 Carnival ships debark/embark on the same day.

My game is watch the terminal 6 camera until there's a whale tail in front of it! Coming soon!

I've been watching the project as well. Here's a couple potentially interesting links related:

http://www.crossmanco.com/assets/files/CCT6%20-%20Port%20Canaveral%20Cruise%20Terminal%206%20-%20Flyer.pdf

http://www.iveysconstruction.com/CurrentProjects/039_CruiseTerminalSixParkingGarage.asp

The parking garage is hiding. Its on the far side mostly out of view. if you look closely at the terminal 6 main roof on the far left corner as the camera sees it, you'll see the corner of the parking garage. Note the tall light poles are visible between the terminal and the garage. That's what it looks like to me anyway.

Which ship remains a puzzle. I had read that Royal wants terminal 10 complex to itself as Disney has 8. I've read they'd like to get Ecstasy out of the main channel from terminal 3. Perhaps all Carnival ships will exist in the terminal 5/6 complex with its new parking facilities?? If this were the case, I would think they would put Dream at 6, and run Ecstasy/Sensation from 5. All conjecture and maybe wishful thinking since I'd like to take Dream out of the new terminal! lol Its also problematic if all 3 Carnival ships debark/embark on the same day.

My game is watch the terminal 6 camera until there's a whale tail in front of it! Coming soon!

Thanks for the links. It will be interesting to see what parking options we'll have when we leave on the Sensation in 11 days!

Tom

. . .Which ship remains a puzzle. I had read that Royal wants terminal 10 complex to itself as Disney has 8. I've read they'd like to get Ecstasy out of the main channel from terminal 3. Perhaps all Carnival ships will exist in the terminal 5/6 complex with its new parking facilities?? If this were the case, I would think they would put Dream at 6, and run Ecstasy/Sensation from 5. All conjecture and maybe wishful thinking . . .

Appears that your "conjecture and wishful thinking" was spot-on. :)

This is a cut-n-paste update from the CCL website . . .

Port Canaveral

9245 Charles Rowland Drive (Cruise Terminal #5)

9241 Charles Rowland Drive (Cruise Terminal #6)

Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

Carnival Sensation: Terminal #6

Carnival Dream: Terminal #6

Carnival Ecstasy: Terminal #5 or #6 please follow the port signage on embarkation day

Effective 08/13/12

At some point during the month it would also seem that one or two CCL vessels will end up embarking at one terminal and debarking at another.

I don't see any way around that, in order for the complete transition to happen.

To my knowledge, Carnival Ecstasy will be the first CCL ship (ever) that routinely starts its voyages at one terminal and ends at another. Luckily those two are neighboring terminals, so the 'commute' will be minimal.

There was no Terminal 6. The New Terminal 6 Passenger Terminal should open very soon. . . It is between Terminal 5 (CCL) and Terminal 8 (DCL)

Radio

;);)

What cruise line will be using this new terminal?? I cruise out of Port Canaveral in December for the first time

WOW ! Here we go .. found this this AM ...

The new terminal is up and running ... the Carnival Ecstasy is on-site ...

I hope it's up and running in October

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like popeye answered that question for you. Probably answered it while you were asking it. Happens all the time on here.

Yeah I can see the Ecstasy parked at the new Terminal on the webcam. In November we get off the Ecstasy and then board the Dream....I wonder if we can walk from one ship to the other or if we'll have to take the shortest taxi ride ever. :)

Yeah I can see the Ecstasy parked at the new Terminal on the webcam. In November we get off the Ecstasy and then board the Dream....I wonder if we can walk from one ship to the other or if we'll have to take the shortest taxi ride ever. :)

If the weather is good, it'll be a really easy walk.

You will embark Carnival Ecstasy that Monday at the new Terminal 6, but will debark at Terminal 5 . . . then you'll head over to embark Carnival Dream on Saturday at the new Terminal 6 (and will return to the same Terminal 6).

If the weather is good, it'll be a really easy walk.

You will embark Carnival Ecstasy that Monday at the new Terminal 6, but will debark at Terminal 5 . . . then you'll head over to embark Carnival Dream on Saturday at the new Terminal 6 (and will return to the same Terminal 6).

I don't know Don... I'd vote for the cab ride, just to be able to say you did it -- LOL

Tom

Archived