Taxis from port in Hong Kong to Airport

gypsy lady

I am in need of help.. will be arriving in Hong Kong on cruise ship and need info on taxi's/shuttle service to the airport on day of departure. Does anyone have any info regarding this for me? also approx cost of this. Can't us cruise transfers due to time of flight departure. Thanks

Gypsylady

If your ship docks at Ocean Terminal then taxis will be readily available to get to the airport. If it is the industrial port you will have to look for them outside the port area.

I am not sure the cost of a taxi but hopefully someone else will know.

Keith

Vaguely around US$60 to US$70 rings a bell for the terminal at Tsim Sha Tsui (huge line of taxis between cruise terminal & star ferry terminal). Probably just a little cheaper from the industrial port, more if you are berthed on the island. Standard taxis are suitable only for two plus luggage. A lot of drivers don't speak english, - for an airport run that shouldn't prove a problem, but you can walk down the line of taxis for an english-speaker if you'd feel more comfortable. Best check with the driver whether they accept foreign currency or card if you don't have HK$. Cabs are metered, but the driver will charge you a few dollars more - he's not ripping you off, its to cover a bridge toll on the way to the airport (though he'll not stop to pay, his licence plate will be automatically read & the charge added to his account)

JB :)

Our ship actually docks at Ocean Terminal and with all the luggage...I am not sure that the Metro airport express is going to work. Thanks for all the info.

Gypsylady

The airport express will work just fine. Take a taxi to the Kowloon airport express terminal. You check in, check your luggage and get your boarding pass before you board the train. Carry on bag only on the train. It' very very easy. Bob's your uncle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

It depends on how many you are travelling with. If just you, take taxi from Ocean Terminal to Kowloon Station (inexpensive) for airport check-in and Airport Express, single trip ticket costs HK$90 (~AU/US$10-$11), with taxi trsfer + check-in + ticket for Airport Express + waiting a few mins for train, 45mins-1 hr. A taxi from Ocean Terminal to airport may take up to 1 hr, depending on traffic conditions, cost ~HK$300. I know that from Mongkok to airport takes 25-30 mins from 4pm, costs HK$200-$230. If 2 or 3 of you, better to share the cost of a taxi, cut out the tooing and frooing from terminal to station and station to train. Most airlines have a check-in counter at Kowloon Station. Make sure you give yourself 2 extra hrs for travelling to airport. I hope this info helps.

Check this site check-in counters for airlines at either HK/Kowloon Stations for Airport Express: http://www.mtr.com.hk/chi/getting_around/images/itci.pdf

Actually, hubby + I took used the Octopus Pass on the MTR and connected to the Airport Express from Tsing Yi. We and others took on our checked-in luggage as we did not check-in at Kowloon Station. However, have used Kowloon Station for check-in b4 when we stayed at a hotel at Tsim Tsa Tsui.

Archived