Price drops a year out.

ccarpenter1963

I have a babysitter do the work for me.. I pay a buck for the cruise, list the ship, date and all the cabins i want to know about the price going up or down. It sends me an email to three addys when there are changes .. I don't have to do a thing until i get those emails.. I used to chase the price drops before i found this.... now I am lazy

I can not name it here but it is on the web and i have had great success having it do my babysitting for price changes :D

OP: I wondered the same thing. My cruise is still 9 months out and have had no luck. We booked within the first month of the itinerary opening, so I expected as much. This thread inspired me to check again (after having forgotten about it for a few weeks) and I found a $20pp drop. :) Moral of the story: keep checking!

I do have a question, though. I am organizing a small group cruise (8-10ppl in 5 cabins). Does anyone know if I can submit for them using their booking number and my contact info? How does that work?

Yes you can submit the request for other people, I always do it for my group. All you need is the booking number and the primary person booked in each room. Then everything else it asks for you will prolly know, date, ship, basic stuff

We booked ours last march and was sailing december, in may it dropped 400.00 then again 150.00 had a 550.00 OBC.

Im 274 days out and check everyday.

but not sure if i am reading it right. i forget what im supposed to be looking for.

the price i paid for cruise only? the early saver and then what?

We booked ours last march and was sailing december, in may it dropped 400.00 then again 150.00 had a 550.00 OBC.

Im 274 days out and check everyday.

but not sure if i am reading it right. i forget what im supposed to be looking for.

the price i paid for cruise only? the early saver and then what?

If you booked early saver then all your doing is looking for the cheapest rate available, for your category, your guaranteed the cheapest rate available, doesn't have to be the early saver rate.

OK I am lost now.. Iam taking my girlfriend on a cruise booked in Nov. 30/ 12 and went thru a travel agent. ( friend of a friend ) who only had me pay the deposit. .well now the price has dropped $50. each . but I don't know if I can get the lower price or not? and who would I contact about the rebate? and if I am reading right you can get the lower price change more then one time ? Also can you get an upgrade instead of the rebate? or if I pay in full, 120 days early .would I only get ship credit ( if anything at all ) ?

OK I am lost now.. Iam taking my girlfriend on a cruise booked in Nov. 30/ 12 and went thru a travel agent. ( friend of a friend ) who only had me pay the deposit. .well now the price has dropped $50. each . but I don't know if I can get the lower price or not? and who would I contact about the rebate? and if I am reading right you can get the lower price change more then one time ? Also can you get an upgrade instead of the rebate? or if I pay in full, 120 days early .would I only get ship credit ( if anything at all ) ?

I was told by my PVP you can get a price reduction even without booking early saver, but only up to two months out. As with ES you can get it reduced up to two weeks out. So, if you booked ES then you need to fill out a price protection form on carnivals website, if you didn't book ES you have to call. You can switch it to ES as well if it is not booked ES. As far as credit, if it is not paid in full yet, they will reduce your amount owed. If it is paid in full you will get OBC. Yes you can upgrade as well if you want

But now for question #2 .. what happens if the price would go up after you filled out the form for the price break? will you have to pay the higher price then ???

No, you never pay a higher price. If the price goes up before they get to your reduction form? They can look at the date sent in the request and what the price was at that time. But never will your price you pay go up

I have 14 months to go before my cruise. Am I wasting my time checking for price drops already?

Check often and frequently. On our Hawaii cruise this last April we had several prices drops to the tune of $700 along with our cruise certificate and CCL shares we had over $1100 OBC.

Try this

www.carnival.com/cms/fun/earlysaver/default.aspx

I was told by my PVP you can get a price reduction even without booking early saver, but only up to two months out. As with ES you can get it reduced up to two weeks out. So, if you booked ES then you need to fill out a price protection form on carnivals website, if you didn't book ES you have to call. You can switch it to ES as well if it is not booked ES. As far as credit, if it is not paid in full yet, they will reduce your amount owed. If it is paid in full you will get OBC. Yes you can upgrade as well if you want

You can submit an ES form up to two days before sailing, not two weeks.

www.carnival.com/cms/fun/earlysaver/default.aspx

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone it is good to see price drops are happening. I keep checking nothing so far.

Last year did get a small price drop on the Destiny. Equaled to a free DOD or two for my husband and I keep hoping we will get some more on the Breeze.

Do people find price drops are on cruises during the off season more?

If you booked through a TA can you fill out the on line form or do you have to go through the TA to get the price reduction?

Hi there. I believe once you book through a TA, Carnival is reluctant to talk to you.

Your TA is getting commission....they should have no issue is working for you.

Archived