Price drops a year out.

ccarpenter1963

I don't think you are. From what I have read Carnival uses some sort of pricing algorithm that checks on and potentially adjusts prices several times a day. The problem is you just never know when the adjustments are going to be made, hence the need to check.

The time investment required to check the fare viewer is pretty small, so I check several times per day and our next cruise isn't until March.

Best of luck --hope you find several price reductions at least!

I have 14 months to go before my cruise. Am I wasting my time checking for price drops already?

LOL. When I booked our Baltic cruise, we were 17 months out. I check for price drops every day. It hasn't budged--neither up nor down. Taxes have gone up a ton, but not price changes. But, I'll continue to check every day. :D

Nope you're not wasting your time .. keep checking! We booked our April 2013 transatlantic 13 months out and so far I've had three price drops on our 8D balcony...one for $100 pp, one for $40 pp and the last one a few days ago for $10 pp. Total price drop so far is $150 per person. ;) Good luck !

I keep checking...hoping but it's very doubtful I'll see a price drop. I booked about 14 months out. I still keep checking.

I even visited Spring Break Roll calls of previous year, to see if anyone had mentioned price drops...nope. I will keep an eye out regardless.

My one and only price drop came about 6 months before the cruise, when I sailed on Valor (I think). I check once in a while, maybe every other week -- and as mentioned, less often now since the cruise price went up a couple of times. Not much hope of seeing it drop.

Always check, only takes a minute. We booked in April for Jan 13' cruise. So far we have had 2 price drops, both within the last 2 weeks. Last one Om Monday, my SIS used fareviewer, no drop. Looked again 45 minutes later & got $80 per cabin off! Always look!

You can check carnivals website Cruise. Com. Anywhere it might be listed. If you find it cheaper you need to fill out a price protection form on carnivals website, it will ask you all the info you need including where you found the price

I have 14 months to go before my cruise. Am I wasting my time checking for price drops already?

I am not out as far....next March....but got a $500 reduction 48 hours after we paid. Never hurts to check...it takes no time. :-)

No. Our last cruise was booked about 10 months out and we saw various different price drops. They were small and they werent the type like see it now, gone in an hour. We ended up getting about $80 worth of drops before final payment. I would not say you need to check multiple times per day, or maybe even every day. I usually checked a few times a week until i got about 5-6 months out and then checked more often. Good Luck.

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

If you booked early saver and find a drop you have to fill out the e-form they have on their website. I am a newbie too, so I might have this wrong LOL!

thank you i am a rookie too - my first cruise will be in April. i clicked on the link and it brings me to the fare veiwer but i goes by catagory and well this is probably a very dumb question - but my dad booked the cruise for me(to make sure that i didnt screw it up lol) so when i log in to my reservation i am not sure where i look to see what the catagory is to see if it dropped?

I check daily (or even more often) for price drops. We booked Early Saver in June 2011 for an October 2012 trip on the Breeze. We're just past final payment now and have had 6 price drops for a total of $860 ($430 pp). These occurred at odd times, some within days of previous drops. Prices are back up again and we may not see any onboard credit since the ship is pretty full, but I feel like the few minutes a day that I spent checking paid off big time.

We may just be lucky, but we have had price drops on all our Early Saver fares, some bigger, some smaller. On the Fascination in December we had a week, about three weeks before sailing, when we had 4 or 5 drops, not large ones, but very welcome. A Future Cruise Consultant on one cruise said if you book Early Saver you have to "Work It".

One other comment for fare watchers is that if you qualify for military rates, they don't show up on the Fare viewer. You have to do a "fake booking" to check for those.

Good luck!

Archived