Brilliance of the Seas opinions

Has anyone been on Brilliance of the seas and how does it compare to Princess? We're looking at a Med cruise in the Summer of 2006 for 2 adults and 2 kids (11 and 8) sharing an outside cabin for 4.

Is the food better and the kids entertainment? Comparing it the the Grand Princess.

Many thanks

I recently was on the Caribbean Princess and have been on the Brilliance......I have to admit the food was better on Princess, entertainment better on RC......service was much better on the Brilliance.........I would think for kids programs you are probably better off on a RC ship.......either would make a fine vacation.

We've sailed the Grand twice. Food is marginally better on Princes in the dining room, but I perfer the Windjammer buffet and Sea View cafe for breakfast and lunch over the Horizon Court by far. I think the entertainment and service is about the same on both lines.The Brilliance is our favorite ship after sailing Dawn, Golden, Grand, Voyager of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas. Brilliance is just breathtakingly beautiful!! I'd go for that Med cruise in a heart beat! Have no kids, but have read on boards and heard from others that RCI kid's activities are top notch!

We did the Med. cruise on Brilliance in 2003 - she is a beautiful ship, food and service were great. We rated the total experience a 9.5 / 10. This itenerary is so port intensive and the excursions were about 6 - 8 hours each - so you got up early and then got back just in time for dinner, go to a show and off to bed. I believe that on the 12 day cruise that we only had 3 sea days - rest time. There were a lot of families on our cruise and there was plenty to do for the kids.

Don't miss Pompei. Florence, Naples, Rome, Venice, Dubrovnik, Capri, Corfu and Monaco were just wonderful - (Pisa not a favorite) - so much to see and experience in such a short time.

Have a great cruise - sorry that we couldn't compare with Princess.

We did the Med. cruise on Brilliance in 2003 - she is a beautiful ship, food and service were great. We rated the total experience a 9.5 / 10. This itenerary is so port intensive and the excursions were about 6 - 8 hours each - so you got up early and then got back just in time for dinner, go to a show and off to bed. I believe that on the 12 day cruise that we only had 3 sea days - rest time. There were a lot of families on our cruise and there was plenty to do for the kids.

Don't miss Pompei. Florence, Naples, Rome, Venice, Dubrovnik, Capri, Corfu and Monaco were just wonderful - (Pisa not a favorite) - so much to see and experience in such a short time.

Have a great cruise - sorry that we couldn't compare with Princess.

That's great Cruise Wizard - I'm getting swayed towards the Brilliance of the Seas. It all seems to boil down to price and availability at the end of the day.

Micheller - I a big Princess fan, but I decided on the Brilliance because of the itinerary, which I liked much better than any of Princess'.

I agree. I think the itinerary does look better than the Grand Princess - more days at sea in August. But it is the all round package that I am looking at - food, entertainment, cabins, service etc...even the appeal of the ship! I like a ship that has a lot of lounge/bar areas and a choice of pool areas too.

Micheller - I a big Princess fan, but I decided on the Brilliance because of the itinerary, which I liked much better than any of Princess'.

Hi All,

We are just off the Brilliance today and she is a gorgeous Ship, no doubt about it!

We are already planning our next trip on her:D ! You will enjoy it!

Cheers,

Phil

:)

Well I've gone and done it now and booked for the 15th August 2006! Cabin number 7070 with balcony. Not sure how the layout will work with the upper bunk and sofa bed configuration. Would be appreciate if anyone has any photos of this layout?

Anyway can't wait - thanks to all those who convinced me to book it.

Archived