Tequila Tasting/Class at Mr. Sancho's

shellunderwater

• 4 months later...

Did you do the tequila seminar at Mr. Sancho's? If so, would you recommend it? I did a quick search on this site but I can't find much feedback on the seminar. I'm really torn between Nachi Cocum and Mr. Sancho's for the seminar. There are 4 ships in port the day so I wouldn't think Mr. Sancho's would be that crowded.

We didn't go to Mr. Sancho's. No one ever replied, so I figured it couldn't have been that great. We did the Cozumel Bar Hop instead. It was fantastic to see the east side of the island. I wouldn't say its the place to go for swimming or such, but was a great time, amazing scenery. We'd do that one again.

Enjoy your cruise and the time in Cozumel! :)

Did you do the tequila seminar at Mr. Sancho's? If so, would you recommend it? I did a quick search on this site but I can't find much feedback on the seminar. I'm really torn between Nachi Cocum and Mr. Sancho's for the seminar. There are 4 ships in port the day so I wouldn't think Mr. Sancho's would be that crowded.

Thanks for the reply Shell! I've done the bar hop before and it was a lot of fun. That side of the island is beautiful!! When we went workers/volunteers from a turtle conservation group were rescuing recently hatched turtles who couldn't make it out of the sand to reach the water. We were allowed to watch them for a while. The turtles were so cute!

I've never been to Mr. Sancho's before so I may just give it a try. The seminar only lasts 1 1/2 hours and then we can spend the rest of the time at the beach.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully this reply isn't too late for you, but I've done the tequila seminar twice and absolutely loved it both times! Make sure Oliver, the manager, is going to be the one to do it. He truly loves tequila and knows it well. You'll be amazed what you learn, and you get to try a bunch of tequilas of each type. If memory serves, we tried about twelve, including a couple of dessert tequilas. Yummy! Lunch was also very good, and you can easily buy any additional beverages a la carte once the seminar is finished. If you are a fan of tequila, I highly recommend it!

You're very welcome! The first time I did the seminar I was with two other ladies while the men in my party did a ruins tour. The men had an okay day, but we ladies could not stop talking about how great the tequila seminar was! When we decided to revisit the western caribbean the following year, I convinced my dad that the tequila tour was a must-see. He begrudgingly went along, despite the fact that he had never been a fan of tequila. Oliver, who hosted both seminars for me, explained to my dad that he simply hadn't found the right tequila yet, but he would by the end of the day. And sure enough, my dad still talks about the seminar, and still drinks the tequila he discovered that day. Such an amazing time - I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Here is a pick of us with the tequilas we tried.

cimg2543-wince.jpg

You're very welcome! The first time I did the seminar I was with two other ladies while the men in my party did a ruins tour. The men had an okay day, but we ladies could not stop talking about how great the tequila seminar was! When we decided to revisit the western caribbean the following year, I convinced my dad that the tequila tour was a must-see. He begrudgingly went along, despite the fact that he had never been a fan of tequila. Oliver, who hosted both seminars for me, explained to my dad that he simply hadn't found the right tequila yet, but he would by the end of the day. And sure enough, my dad still talks about the seminar, and still drinks the tequila he discovered that day. Such an amazing time - I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Here is a pick of us with the tequilas we tried.

cimg2543-wince.jpg

Was this the one at Mr. Sanchos you're raving about? Sounds like a wonderful option! Did you do this on your own, not through a ship?

Was this the one at Mr. Sanchos you're raving about? Sounds like a wonderful option! Did you do this on your own' date=' not through a ship?[/quote']

Yes, the one at Mr Sanchos. We did it on our own, as neither cruise line offered it. We were sailing Disney the first time, and Royal Caribbean the second time. The first time I took it there were two girls who had booked it through Carnival, but that's the only cruiseline I've heard of offering it.

We did the Mr. Sanchos tequila tasting tour several years ago when RCL did offer it as an excursion. It was limited to 8 people and we had the best time and loved the tequila. Beware though - thanks to that tasting, we now have a tequila room and take cruises to Mexico just to replenish our supply. We have also turned many of our friends into "tequila snobs". :D:D

We did the Mr. Sanchos tequila tasting tour several years ago when RCL did offer it as an excursion. It was limited to 8 people and we had the best time and loved the tequila. Beware though - thanks to that tasting, we now have a tequila room and take cruises to Mexico just to replenish our supply. We have also turned many of our friends into "tequila snobs". :D:D

Ha!! Thanks for the warning...I can totally see that happening with my mom! I wouldn't mind the cruises to replenish her stock though. :p

cimg2543-wince.jpg

Cute pic! Swings on the beach??? Gonna have to try those out!

How does one get more info and sign up for this tasting?

Ted

I just booked yesterday. I emailed Mr. Sancho's (mrsanchosbeachclub@gmail.com) and they replied with this info:

Enjoy our famous Tequila Seminar which is available every day with previous reservation at only $45 usd.

The 1 hour and 30 minutes Tequila Seminar features:

· 7 different types of tequila,

· Mexican lunch

· Open bar during seminar,

Internet-Only prices for these and other special packages, are available with our preferred partners at:

Beach Tours Mexico

http://www.**********.com.mx

reservations@**********.com.mx

Cozumel Water Sports

http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/excursions/mrsanchosallinclusivebeach.html

Archived