Premium Beverage Package

maximus217

If you consider stealing to be OK.

It is per person, not per cabin. I agree with the other comment.

If you want that for all the passengers the price will raise in the future because you drink for 2 and pay for 1, be my guest. Feel responsable for stealing and do not share a table with me.

We will be purchasing 2 premium beverage packages. I know it is only one drink per person, but in the morning can either DH or myself get coffee for both of us if both cards are presented?

Diane

Yes, you have the code or sticker at your card.

Well I'll spare you the lecture, but remind you that you're on vacation.

It's really a pain in the neck. I don't drink very much, but my wife makes up for it. So on our last cruise I get the Premium Non-Alc package, and she gets the Premium Alcohol package. One day at the pool she decides to just this, sets a drink down behind me and then goes to another bar, waits, and then comes back 10 minutes later with another. We both decide that this is our vacation, we'll be back at work in a week, so stressing over an $8 drink is not worth it.

Lets not be so judgemental. The OP was just asking. I don't think they were trying to steal. . Some people aren't as well versed as others when it comes to cruiseline policies

I agree with you jerseygirl3 - its a bit too easy to jump to conclusions - if you dont know then its best to ask the question and this should be the forum that we feel comfortable enough to do just that.

It's really a pain in the neck. I don't drink very much, but my wife makes up for it. So on our last cruise I get the Premium Non-Alc package, and she gets the Premium Alcohol package. One day at the pool she decides to just this, sets a drink down behind me and then goes to another bar, waits, and then comes back 10 minutes later with another. We both decide that this is our vacation, we'll be back at work in a week, so stressing over an $8 drink is not worth it.

Sounds like you are happy to defraud the cruiseline - very sad.

If someone in your cabin has the premium beverage package, can that person order the alcoholic beverage and give it to you who does not have the premium beverage package? :)

The policy on the unlimited beverage packages is "no sharing". This makes sense since they are priced per person and are unlimited as opposed to other packages which are priced for a set quantity such as the wine packages or stateroom setup package. If you have a package and want to get a drink for someone else you can still charge that individual drink to your sea pass account on board.

Which is exactly why you should be paying for things you know you should rather than shoplifting them.

Does the company you work at break even on their sales or lose so they can be bailed out later or close up?

Answer to all the complaints revolving around evil money making cruise line and companies: Stop buying, stay home...just don't go and complain.

Here are my ramblings, the OP was asking a (what I believe, an innocent) question and as they may not have known the ships policy on beverage packages, I think it is a fair question. A little less judgement and a bit more tolerence and providing the correct answer is what is needed. :D

In addition to the fact that it is WRONG, there have been multiple posts here that Celebrity staff are trained to watch for this. Some posters have been embarrassed when a staffer made a point of calling them on it in front of other people they were sitting with. One person even said that he merely offered a sip to his wife. and the drink was promptly confiscated with a warning. Personally, I wouldn't try it.

I'll tell you how diligent the staff is to be on the look-out for sharing. Let me share an experience from our Silhouette cruise this past Spring.

DH and I had the Premium Alcohol Package. My Mom was traveling with us and she had one of the non-alcoholic packages. She ordered and paid for a 20 year martini in the martini bar most nights, as she discovered she really enjoyed that particular cocktail. Of course, since it wasn't included in her non-alcohol package, she paid for it.

One evening I decided to order it since it looked so pretty. I took one sip and didn't care for it. When the cocktail waitress returned, I told her I didn't care for it, and I'd like to order a glass of pinot grigio. She happily took my order and bent over to pick up the still full glass martini (the one I took one sip and didn't like). Without even thinking, I said, "oh, that's okay, you can just leave it here. My Mom likes it and she'll drink it." I totally was not trying to scam the system and get my Mom a free drink (truth is, she already had one and probably didn't need another one, but I just hate to waste stuff!!!LOL). The waitress said, in no uncertain terms, "Madam, sharing is not allowed." I apologized profusely and told her it didn't even occur to me that I was trying to share, but I'm not sure she actually believed me.

I'm not faulting her...she was simply doing her job. I just mention this to remind people that sharing is definitely not allowed. Although, as I pointed out in an earlier post, I don't believe the OP was trying to cheat, but simply asking a question, so they shouldn't be villified for that.

Jo-Ann

I have an interesting question, let's say a couple dines together and only one has the package but orders a bottle of sparkling water at dinner, if it's a large bottle (not really sure if it is) is he not allowed to share it?

Sorry, but no. The package is only for personal consumption.

I have an interesting question, let's say a couple dines together and only one has the package but orders a bottle of sparkling water at dinner, if it's a large bottle (not really sure if it is) is he not allowed to share it?

Based on my experience this is allowed. On our last cruise as always we both had the premium alcohol pkg so we always order a bottle of evian with dinner that we share. We dined with another couple a few times, one of the couple had the premium non-alcohol pkg and the other had no package. When the one with the package ordered a bottle of water with dinner they did serve the water to both.

The rules and package description say no sharing, so the answer in print would be no.

Please don't take any offense to what I'm going to say as I presume that your question was to clear things up in your mind but: The question reminds me a little of some past threads that tried to hunt and peck around the edges of the rule and enforcement with questions such as:

• "What if my 4 year old son wants a sip?"
  • "What if my spouse just wants a sip to see if they want to order one?"
  • "What if I only drink half my drink and don't want to finish it but my daughter does?"
  • "I'd hate to see the unfinished drink wasted"
  • "My three year old never gets a soda of their own but just have part of mine so can't I give them some?"

The list of fringe questions could go on and on. It just doesn't make sense to speculate about such things. Instead, I'd ask the server if it is OK each time you order.

Archived