Booking through Priceline vs Carnival

KimmieTN

I need from anyone that has booked with Priceline before. They are having a big sale with no deposit required which is a big incentive for our large family as our deposite would require a large sum of money. However, we will be booking early saver. I diligently check my cruise price multiple times a day to check for price drops. Last cruise in April, booking through Carnival, we had three drops and I promptly filled out my form and got credit. Does anyone have experience with Priceline? Will they fill my form out promptly every time I call them to make sure I get on-board credit if I send a screen shot of the new price? I don't want to lose out on on-board credit by booking with someone who might not be so diligent about price drops. If anyone has used Priceline with early saver, I would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks, I did not know that. I'm just trying to make sure if I book through a TA, I can get my price drops. I know they won't check the price, but I will. If anyone has booked through a TA can help me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks, I did not know that. I'm just trying to make sure if I book through a TA, I can get my price drops. I know they won't check the price, but I will. If anyone has booked through a TA can help me, I would appreciate it.

You can but they have to send in paperwork.

My TA (can book on-line, but I always call to speak to an actual person) said if I noticed a price drop, all I had to do was call her, and she would take care of it. That was RCL, not Carnival, though. Haven't seen it drop, though.

there are tons of threads of folks who booked with TAs and wished they hadnt and they had trouble getting price drops processed .. because TAs lose commission so it isnt in their interest to process price drops I think.

I dont know how to search for these threads .. but just because someone else had a bad TA, your experience might be fine or not?

I would call them and discuss it on the telephone myself and get a feel for what their process is.

I just saw that. You actually have to read the small, small, small print. I followed a link and it said nothing about CCL. There is a very small banner on the webpage that you have to click on to see that CCL is not included. Darn, I was ready to book.

While the deal didnt work for you as an FYI

They are open 24/7 so you can call in anytime to get price drops addressed

They do charge a $24.99 processing fee on all bookings.

Our last cruise we booked thru an online TA..............well lets put it this way....we didn't book thru Mr. Spock ;)

They were offering two free nights in a hotel so that was our incentive seeing as we were traveling to FLA to leave.

We were not able to get the price drop when I noticed it and everything we did had to be thru them.

So although we did save over $200 with free nights at decent hotels, without that kind of incentive offer, I cannot see the benefit of using a TA.

Of course if anyone is aware of any incentives out there right now, please PM me. I have not been able to find any.

Archived