Onboard Avalon Panorama now

tassietravellers

tassietravellers- you're the kind of cruisers we like to travel with. What ever happens is an adventure and a memory for life.

Keep posting!

I agree with you Paulinda. I want to travel with you too, Debbie:) Thank you so much for your posts. My DH and I have been considering a river cruise for some time, but wondered what would happen if the water was too low. I completely understand your choice to stay with the boat. After all, a vacation is partly about relaxation, and many of us find being on the water quite relaxing:) I admire your bright spirit! Michelle

What a great review and a great attitude. Things happened and you went with the flow having a great time. As others said above, I would love to cruise with you and others like you.

Your notes reminded me of our Avalon cruise earlier this year and how much we loved it. now I want to go backl. Bottomless wine glasses at dinner - I never drank so much wine. :)

Well Deb you both seem to have really had a fabulous time on your Avalon Panorama cruise. It is the best isn't it? I will keep your email address and keep in touch. You may be in Victoria at some stage and we could compare notes. I am sure we would find lots to talk about. While you are in Amsterdam you must go to the sex museum(what an absolute crack up no pun intended). Also go to the markets lots to see and buy. I bought a lovely black leather jacket(pretend) for just 20 euros. Everyone back home here really admires it and I don't let on.LOL. Happy travels keep in touch Lyn

Well Deb you both seem to have really had a fabulous time on your Avalon Panorama cruise. It is the best isn't it? I will keep your email address and keep in touch. You may be in Victoria at some stage and we could compare notes. I am sure we would find lots to talk about. While you are in Amsterdam you must go to the sex museum(what an absolute crack up no pun intended). Also go to the markets lots to see and buy. I bought a lovely black leather jacket(pretend) for just 20 euros. Everyone back home here really admires it and I don't let on.LOL. Happy travels keep in touch Lyn

Thanks Lyn

Actually went to the Sex Museum this afternoon, and you're right it was a crack up..went to Anne Frank House this morning..so interesting.

We are thinking about going to the markets tomorrow..friday going on a tour to the largest flower markets in the world, The Hague and Rotterdam..might as well se a bit more of the country before we leave on saturday. :-)

Tomorrow we leave the ship at about 9am..we are having 3 extra nights here, plenty we want to see..then off to the UK for a month...so hope you all enjoy cruising..planning..or just your memories. If any one has any questions, please feel free to ask on here as I will keep checking back or email me at tas_debbie@hotmail.com

:-) Debbie

Did you hear how the ones who decided to leave the ship enjoyed their trip by bus?

Hope you enjoy your month in the UK. Just love the way we Aussies make the most of our overseas travels, by combining land travel with overseas cruises.

Did you hear how the ones who decided to leave the ship enjoyed their trip by bus?

Hope you enjoy your month in the UK. Just love the way we Aussies make the most of our overseas travels, by combining land travel with overseas cruises.

Hi, yeah they enjoyed their time off the ship too..we all seemed to be very happy with our choices..if I had the same sigustion again I'm sure I would do the same as we did.

Having a great time in the UK, thank you :-)

We just booked this river cruise sailing in May from Budapest to Nuremberg and we were wondering about dressing for dinner. Have been on many other cruises but never a river cruise - any formal nights? or just wear casual clothes? What about the farewell dinner or captain's dinner?

Thanks for the advice.

We just booked this river cruise sailing in May from Budapest to Nuremberg and we were wondering about dressing for dinner. Have been on many other cruises but never a river cruise - any formal nights? or just wear casual clothes? What about the farewell dinner or captain's dinner?

Thanks for the advice.

Hi, dinner was always a casual thing, most people changed out of the cloghes they'd been wearing, we always did..I wore pants and a top or a dress everynight, most people put a bit more effort in for the farewell dinner, one guy with a vest andbow tie, a couple with ties andmaybe one or 2 with a jacket, ladies looked nice , but overall it was very casual...shorts formen wasnt allowed in the dining room of a night for dinner tho.

Hope this helps :-)

Archived