Give me your best tips...

Izzybeff

For making the best of an inside room!

I'm humoring Dh and will be booking an inside room on the Epic for our cruise in January. We've only had OV's & Balcony's before this, but he would like to try an inside..

Tell me the good, the bad, the ugly and what you do to make it tolerable! As you can guess.. I'm not thrilled!:eek:

I've had two inside cabins and believe it or not, I felt they weren't that bad. Got the best sleep I ever had in them because they are so dark.

What I would suggest is getting a watch with a light, like an Indiglo. It's the only way to tell what time it is since you can't look out a window to see if it's day or night.

If it was between getting an inside cabin on a ship or not taking a cruise - I'd take the inside rather than stay home. I am spoiled by balconies, but a cruise is a cruise. An inside won't ruin it.

For making the best of an inside room!

I'm humoring Dh and will be booking an inside room on the Epic for our cruise in January. We've only had OV's & Balcony's before this, but he would like to try an inside..

Tell me the good, the bad, the ugly and what you do to make it tolerable! As you can guess.. I'm not thrilled!:eek:

Out of 15 cruises, two have been in an inside cabin. We're looking at doing another one because the savings makes it worthwhile.

The good: cheaper, easy to sleep, especially afternoon naps, because it's dark.

The bad: It's dark. We missed knowing when it was daylight in the morning. We left the bathroom light on, with the door closed, at night so that the light under that door helped us find our way during the night.

You might want to take a flashlight or put a 'tap' light in the bathroom,

or leave the tv on the ship channel all night.

The ugly: isn't really any unless it's the same as the 'bad'.

We don't spend much daytime in our cabin so an inside isn't really a problem since we're 'out and about'. I don't think I'd want an inside for a cruise with a lot of sea days though since then we like to spend time in our cabin watching a movie.

Personally, I'd cruise again in an inside with no problem.

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with an inside cabin. I have mostly had insides -- you will spend more time out and about on the ship. I always bring a flashlight no matter how I travel, I really hate turning on the bathroom light at night because its so bright.

You can leave you TV on to the ship's cam channel, it will be dark at night and as the sun comes up the tv will also lighten. There isn't any really bad or ugly about an inside at all!

Have fun.

Take some of those battery operated candles.

Leave tv on channel that shows the cam.

Use the cruise to do more of the things on the ship that you might not do. Go to trivia. To the library. Play board games. Find a great favorite deck chair in a hard to find place. Work out.

Use the inside to sleep and shower. Live it up. You are on a cruise!

I've had insides on 3 of my 6 cruises (also had 1 OV, 1 balcony, and 1 mini-suite). I think they're perfectly fine and would never pay extra for an OV -- I find no added value in having the window. For special occasions or when putting more than 2 people in the cabin I'd get at least a balcony.

That said, there are some itineraries where it would make more of a difference than others. In Caribbean or similar I spend most of my time out of the room and wouldn't miss a balcony at all. In Alaska I was very glad to have a balcony to have both a great view from inside the room, and an easy way to get outside and look for a few minutes then go back in the room when I got cool.

The only issue I've ever had with an inside was a noise issue related to the specific location of the cabin, not with insides in general. Check your cruise line's board to see if you need a night light. I've never brought one, and I'm pretty sure my Princess cabin had one in the bathroom. I was, however, very glad I brought a clock since it's easy to both sleep in and to not realize you've slept in without the sun coming in each morning.

Insides are great. You are on a cruise!!!! It is really dark, though. Some other posters have given some good ideas for light. We have a digital clock that gives off just enough blue light so we can see to go to the bathroom in the night (or day if we nap). And we can tell what time it is, which is really the only problem with insides. If you bring such a clock, make sure you bring a power strip if you have something that needs charging over night as there is only the one outlet plug if the Epic is like the other ships. Storage room is similar to balcony rooms. With the savings you can go on one or two extra excursions. Have a great time!

Insides are great for all of the above reasons. I have been on 23 cruises with seven cruise lines. I have sailed in OV, Suite, Balcony, and insides. Seven times I have been in inside cabins, 3 times in suites. All have been great cruises. The cabin type isn't what makes cruising special for me. Although, the suite perks are very nice.

Have a great cruise and look forward to the good things and don't let the bad ruin your pre-cruise experience.

Enjoy!

Nothing wrong with an inside. Other than they are just really dark. Someone mentioned a watch with a light. Well phone in my cabin on the Epic had a light and clock. I was in a balcony, however I would think the insides would have the same phone.

Archived