Central park---deck 8

PIGSKIN

You are dead center halfway in between the two banks of elevators.

Walk down the hall in either direction, turn towards the elevators themselves, walk in between the two banks, and POOF - doors to Central Park.

Thanks for the great info!

By which cabins do you enter central park?

I'm in cabin 8218 on the port side.

You might want to start looking at deck plans to get familiar with this ship.

It is truly an adventure, so much to do and see.

You might want to start looking at deck plans to get familiar with this ship.

It is truly an adventure, so much to do and see.

Great Advice! Do your homework before getting on board and it will be a much less overwhelming/frustrating/disorienting experience.

Great Advice! Do your homework before getting on board and it will be a much less overwhelming/frustrating/disorienting experience.

It's amazing how many people say at the end of their cruise, even on a 'normal sized' cruise ship, that it took them the entire week to find out where everything was and even still that they didn't get to see and do everything. I can only imagine it's worse on the Oasis-class if someone don't at least familiarize themselves with the general layout of the ship. I understand that there is excellent signage and interactive consoles that can direct you to everything from your cabin to a particular public space, but I'd imagine it's even more advisable on Oasis and/or Allure to know where things are in relation to where you will be sleeping and where you will be dining or being entertained. Otherwise you'd be coming off the ship having missed out on a lot more than you needed to and spent more time on board feeling lost.

It's amazing how many people say at the end of their cruise, even on a 'normal sized' cruise ship, that it took them the entire week to find out where everything was and even still that they didn't get to see and do everything. I can only imagine it's worse on the Oasis-class if someone don't at least familiarize themselves with the general layout of the ship. I understand that there is excellent signage and interactive consoles that can direct you to everything from your cabin to a particular public space, but I'd imagine it's even more advisable on Oasis and/or Allure to know where things are in relation to where you will be sleeping and where you will be dining or being entertained. Otherwise you'd be coming off the ship having missed out on a lot more than you needed to and spent more time on board feeling lost.

Thanks for all the great info---I already have some plans. I just could not make out how to Enter central park from my cabin 8218---for my December 9th cruise. Now I'm all set and ready to go NOW!

Thanks for all the great info---I already have some plans. I just could not make out how to Enter central park from my cabin 8218---for my December 9th cruise. Now I'm all set and ready to go NOW!

Great to hear! I am in a Central Park View stateroom overlooking Vintages and have been studying the deck plans in depth since I booked back on July 23rd. I have also printed out the Cruise Compass's for the Western Caribbean and the Cruise Planner so that I can get a general idea of what I want to do each and every day. I have heard that it's best to come prepared. ;)

Great to hear! I am in a Central Park View stateroom overlooking Vintages and have been studying the deck plans in depth since I booked back on July 23rd. I have also printed out the Cruise Compass's for the Western Caribbean and the Cruise Planner so that I can get a general idea of what I want to do each and every day. I have heard that it's best to come prepared. ;)

I have a lot of pictures of Central Park in my review if you are interested.

CP was our favorite place on the ship, just so nice. You could grab breakfast there, coffee, milk, for lunch the Roast Beef, at night, always some entertainment, bar, and the stop on the Rising Tide Bar.

Nothing like it anywhere at sea.

I have a lot of pictures of Central Park in my review if you are interested.

CP was our favorite place on the ship, just so nice. You could grab breakfast there, coffee, milk, for lunch the Roast Beef, at night, always some entertainment, bar, and the stop on the Rising Tide Bar.

Nothing like it anywhere at sea.

I love seeing any pictures of the Allure of the Seas! I ordered a large print of the ship I found online and just got it in the mail today. I so excited and it's still 108 days away!

Speaking of deck 8's deckplan, I have another question concerning the aft area and if there is viewing of the Aqua show in what appears to be a space between the last inward facing balcony cabin and the big suite at the end?

Thanks!

Those 'secret balconies' that every one refers to that overlook the back end of the ship are only on Decks 11, 12, and 14. I think the area you may be referring to on the deck plan is actually the rock climbing wall.

There does appear to be an area at the bottom of the Rock Climbing wall (where one would begin their climb) on deck 7 aft (accessed by Deck 6 aft Boardwalk and going up the stairs?) that may or may not be open for the general public during show performances. Maybe someone can confirm this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blmiers2/5515951491/

http://lovinglifecruise.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/aqua-theatre.jpg

http://christycruises.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dsc03371-copy.jpg

Archived