OK, So Who Is The Best Then?

troutfisherman

Hi All,

Well we have a RCCL cruise booked for December and that will take us both to Crown and Anchor Diamond members. So we are thinking of a change to a more 'adult' type of cruise. Not quite SAGA but not Disney either, if you get my drift!

So my question is, as we have reciprocal club benefits with Celebrity and Azamara who is the best of the bunch for a more sophisticated cruise experience?

Looking forward to the replies and thanks in advance. :D

Dave

Absolute no brainer in my mind Azamara!

For a more adult sophisticated experience, Azamara without a doubt, though it will typically (but not always) cost you more than Celebrity. When doing price comparisons, make sure you factor in how much is included in Azamara that you have to pay for on Celebrity

Hands down Azamara for me also. I have sailed Celebrity for a number of years, went on Azamara for a week last year and am now hooked. The standard cabins are smaller (especially the bathrooms) although I have found the storage to be very good. The balconies aren't as big and the public spaces not so extensive, but the loungers and areas around the ship are very comfortable.

Two big differences stand out for me. A smaller ship allows different itineraries with ports of call that you wouldn't get to see on a large ship and longer stays and overnights allows you to visit places in the dark for a different perspective. Small ships with big hearts, great service from a very friendly crew and superior food has been my experience. All the fellow passengers seem a happy and active bunch too.

Phil

I meant to say that as there are no kids clubs on Azamara, children are very much the exception and are under the close supervision of their parents.

We found those families on board were well travelled and were all on board for the destinations not the party on board.

I recall a delightful group of 4 teenagers who had been brought by their grandmother on our med cruise. She toured independently with them at each port and we bumped into them ashore in Rome and at Pompeii and Santorini. They were so much enjoying have their Gran share with them places she had visited. On board, they were so polite always looking out for Gran and indeed every other single lady of Gran's age.

We have cruised many lines and Azamara wins hands down for us in terms of value for price. In many ways it was equal to our Seabourne cruise. We are looking at another long cruise with them in fall 2013, and can't wait!

We have cruised many lines and Azamara wins hands down for us in terms of value for price. In many ways it was equal to our Seabourne cruise.
We feel the same way comparing our Azamara cruise with our recent Regent cruise. Truly not that much difference, and much more visible and involved senior officers on Azamara.

We love Azamara and although it sounds dearer than some of the other lines when you add in the inc gratuities, speciality coffees and the wine with meals it proves to be very cost effective. For example on Azamara we would be able to relax and enjoy a latte in Mosaic as often as we wanted and it would be included on Eclipse I have had to purchase two premium non alcoholic packages in order to enjoy this. We are only on Eclipse, our first experience of Celebrity, as the Azamara sailings to the Baltics did not fit with our other commitments.

We have also cruised with Cunard (QM2) and Princess (the smaller ships) and nothing compares to the Azamara experience.

The welcome and service you receive on Azamara is second to none, from the Captain down, you are treated as a valued part of the family. As the others have said it offers port intensive cruises and can get into ports that other larger ships cannot. We are sailing on Azamara again in January and are counting the days.

Hilary

Archived