QE/QV D2 Deluxe Inside Staterooms

Cosmic Rays

I booked a D2on QV for a 28 day cruise, because of the length of the cruise I wanted the extra room and storage.

It was a great cabin, I ws very happy I had booked it , then 12 days into the cruise, I received a letter telling me that I had to move out to a smaller cabin with a very small window, where you had to stand up to with your nose to the glass to see the outside view.

When I showed my paper work for the D2 for 28 days,and refused to move and asked for the reason for the letter, I was told by the Hotel Manager that as a" solo I could fit into the smaller (but classified as higher grade) room", and that the "family " who had the window room really needed the extra space!

I refused to move and was told I was being "difficult"!

As I have stated in another thread there is no doubt in my mind that Cunard are "anti solo"

If you book a D2for the extra room (and higher cost of course ) make sure that you have the paper work for that cabin, and take that paper work with you.

I booked a D2on QV for a 28 day cruise, because of the length of the cruise I wanted the extra room and storage.

It was a great cabin, I ws very happy I had booked it , then 12 days into the cruise, I received a letter telling me that I had to move out to a smaller cabin with a very small window, where you had to stand up to with your nose to the glass to see the outside view.

When I showed my paper work for the D2 for 28 days,and refused to move and asked for the reason for the letter, I was told by the Hotel Manager that as a" solo I could fit into the smaller (but classified as higher grade) room", and that the "family " who had the window room really needed the extra space!

As I have stated in another thread there is no doubt in my mind that Cunard are "anti solo"

If you book a D2for the extra room (and higher cost of course ) make sure that you have the paper work for that cabin, and take that paper work with you.

:eek::eek::eek:

That is disgraceful! I am absolutely gobsmacked!

I would have had exactly the same response about it as you.

I assume you paid single supplement so it isn't like you were mooching! I would have been ropable and told them I'd be happy to move if they had a suite available.

I hate the way solos are treated generally compared to families. I see it at work where singles with no kids are expected to work harder and do more because apparently we "have the time". Not like we have families, friends etc...

But I digress. I'm sailing in Dec and they had better not try that with me.

Yes I did pay the single supplement, the room is not only larger but the arangment of furniture is also more user friendly, and was the reason I chose D2 cat..

These rooms do sleep three people, and because of the layout they offer more space for three people than the regular inside rooms, but also cost more.

The room I was offered was smaller, the window useless for any outside view, and the layout less user friendly.

The attitude of the Purser staff and the Hotel Manager really angered me.

I was notified of the so called change by a very impersonal rather abrasive letter left in my cabin (later I learned that my steward had been told of the change before I was informed).

Amongst the comments made by the Hotel Manager, was that "business attitudes had changed since you were employed" and that Cunard had the "right to change my cabin if they so wished "

I have travelled Cunard for years for the formal atmosphere, but sometimes find that the present day staff leave a great deal to be desired in their attitude to passengers.

My own attitude is "treat others as you wish to be treated", but that does not mean I can be treated badly by others and not react.

BTW I later discovered that prior to be Hotel Manager , her sole work experience was that of a school teacher,I assume she thought I was in my second childhood.!

Have a wonderful cruise, I join QM2 on the 28th for 24 days, TA/Iberia/TA, in a regular D class cabin.

Yes I did pay the single supplement, the room is not only larger but the arangment of furniture is also more user friendly, and was the reason I chose D2 cat..

These rooms do sleep three people, and because of the layout they offer more space for three people than the regular inside rooms, but also cost more.

The room I was offered was smaller, the window useless for any outside view, and the layout less user friendly.

The attitude of the Purser staff and the Hotel Manager really angered me.

I was notified of the so called change by a very impersonal rather abrasive letter left in my cabin (later I learned that my steward had been told of the change before I was informed).

Amongst the comments made by the Hotel Manager, was that "business attitudes had changed since you were employed" and that Cunard had the "right to change my cabin if they so wished "

I have travelled Cunard for years for the formal atmosphere, but sometimes find that the present day staff leave a great deal to be desired in their attitude to passengers.

My own attitude is "treat others as you wish to be treated", but that does not mean I can be treated badly by others and not react.

BTW I later discovered that prior to be Hotel Manager , her sole work experience was that of a school teacher,I assume she thought I was in my second childhood.!

Have a wonderful cruise, I join QM2 on the 28th for 24 days, TA/Iberia/TA, in a regular D class cabin.

I gather they "upgraded" you to an ocean view? I honestly don't get why this is considered better. So it has a porthole or window, but really it's not really better than an inside. Now, a balcony is an improvement.

So I'm curious - did you move?

Austcruiser84,

No I refused to do so, my booking was for 28 days and as far as I was concerned, the D2 cabin was mine for the whole of my trip.

Upgrading a passenger before they board (even to that C cabin with the useless window ) I can understand, but doing it after 12 days of a 28 day booking, is to me completely unacceptable.

I did write a letter of complaint to Mr Shanks but did not receive a reply of any kind.

Now I always take my paperwork with me regardless of which cat of cabin I am in.

Any info on this category would be appreciated by a newbie. Aside from a bit smaller than D2 and on a higher deck, what is the difference regarding room configuration? Thank you.

Archived