anyone have an Aqua Cabin Photo on Infinity?

West Coast Gal

I went to the photo section, not too many photo's of the inside of the ship. Wondering if anyone has a photo of the new upgraded Aqua cabins on the Infinity?

These are pix of 1132 on the Summit ..we were recently in 1128 looked the same..please note these Aqua staterooms on deck 11 are NOT "upgraded".. Rather newly constructed....same on Infinity!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33295124&postcount=37

Great pictures, thanks for sharing! We are actually on Deck 9 Aqua

Believe deck 9 aqua upgrades were primarily soft goods ( bedding drapes etc)..newvshower faucets were retrofitted...but bathroom and shower itself remained as they had been..(read ofbsome complaints were posted here re mold and gunk)

Hi Diane and Kevin:

We were in Cabin 9110 Aqua Class on the Infinity on the May 25 sailing to Alaska. Here are a couple of pix. Sorry, I don't have one of the bathroom, but it was perfectly fine. Although the sink was clearly not new it was fine, and the shower did seem to be new. It had glass doors and not a curtain, and the new spa shower "tower" was great.

Had no complaints about the cabin at all, and heard no noise from above or anywhere else. The large overhang on the balcony was good for Alaska, especially in May - we had lots of rainy and misty weather - so the overhang kept us dry. I have included a shot of Tracy Arm Fiord so you can see the view from the balcony.

Janet

BTW - I see you are from Seattle. It was my first time there, your town is beautiful ! Loved Pike Place Market!

1358790007_Alaska2012095.jpg.4d676121cc92e8a141846dc091556850.jpg

1140787125_Alaska2012203.jpg.c8b995875b6dcc23d236a705ff843ab8.jpg

DSCN1331.jpg.c72f7d6cd9b173c7eaba35eeddf3f558.jpg

DSCN1332.jpg.aefa700f4e488b8aa23501b2f34592c7.jpg

DSCN1333.jpg.2133cdd6ba08ccd5cd004bc21961cbc6.jpg

Avid,

I too had heard about mold, but was thinking that with the refurb last fall, that they might have taken care of that!

Janet, thanks for your pictures also . . I am getting even more excited that we upgraded to Aqua!

How did you like the food in Blu? Did you eat in the Main or up on the buffet, how did it compare?

Avid,

I too had heard about mold, but was thinking that with the refurb last fall, that they might have taken care of that!

Janet, thanks for your pictures also . . I am getting even more excited that we upgraded to Aqua!

How did you like the food in Blu? Did you eat in the Main or up on the buffet, how did it compare?

Dined in Blu most evenings ( and couple mornings).. Thought that food and service equal or better than most specialty dinging..though we did do QSine a couple of nites and loved that too...dined in MDR Select dining ( to join a couple who was not in Blu) and from a servicE and food perspective..it simply failed to match Blu...the one nite we were not pleased with Blu's Lobster presentation..we were offered a second serving of the more traditional lobster from the MDR..but without having to actually put u p with the service issue..Blu is outstanding..wouldn't cruise without that option

I have high praises for Blu as well. The food was fantastic and the service was remarkable. We did not try the MDR at all, but did have lunch one day in Normandie. They had it the day we arrived in Juneau, between the early morning trip up Tracy Arm and getting to Juneau. I thought that was perfect, a nice way to spend time between what is essentially two port stops in one day.

Don't miss Bistro on Five, we ate there twice, once late in the evening after arriving back onboard when in Victoria late. It was dark, cool and quiet in there, a very nice way to have a last dinner on board without having to get all cleaned up and changed from being ashore in the rain, especially since our bags were already packed!

The buffet was fine, I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of things there on a daily basis. And also pleasantly surprised that we always found seating there. But this was in May and there didn't seem to be many kids then, so not sure what you'll find.

I hope you have a wonderful trip. I was so impressed with Celebrity and the Infinity that I have already arranged a large family cruise on the Summit next summer to Bermuda. We'll be celebrating 3 graduations and my Mom's 85th birthday ! Enjoy Alaska!

Janet

We had AQ 9086 on the Aug. 3 sailing and are now Aqua class fans. We liked having the overhang - in Alaska it provided protection from rain. In sunny areas, it's nice to have a break from the sun.

Like other posters, we are now Blu fans.

The cabin is like concierge class, but the glass shower doors are a real plus. Everything was clean and tidy.

Avid,

Now you have me scared that I am going to like this so well that I will never want to go back . . .I'm an elite Princess and this is my first Celebrity cruise! ha ha

Janet,

Don't think there will be too many children on my cruise, it actually is not going to Alaska, but it is the last Celebrity ship out of Seattle this season and we are headed through the Panama Canal to Fort Lauderdale.

Redjetz,

My husband especially is So happy about glass shower door, he really disliked those shower curtains that stick to you! We love to sit out, but like to chose when it is in the sun, so I think we are going to like that overhang.

Archived