Jacksonville-best location to stay night before cruise

steve4031

Possibly looking at fascination for 6/29/13 which returns on July 4th. Jacksonville is spread out and tough to get a handle on. There appear to be no full service Marriott/Hilton hotels near the airport.

Is it best to stay downtown? Or by the airport? It would be nice not to need a rental car. But I think that might be necessary. Thanks for the help.

After our cruise we are staying at the Jacksonville Courtyard Oceanfront it has good reviews and looks very nice right on the beach. There's also the Jacksonville Marriott we did consider too since it was kinda in the middle between the downtown area and the beaches. If it were me I would take the rental so it gives you freedom to choose where you want to go and what you would like to see, plus it makes deciding on where you stay a little easier.

Also close by the airport is the Fairfield inn and suites but even though they are not full service they still have breakfast :D

After our cruise we are staying at the Jacksonville Courtyard Oceanfront it has good reviews and looks very nice right on the beach. There's also the Jacksonville Marriott we did consider too since it was kinda in the middle between the downtown area and the beaches. If it were me I would take the rental so it gives you freedom to choose where you want to go and what you would like to see, plus it makes deciding on where you stay a little easier.

Also close by the airport is the Fairfield inn and suites but even though they are not full service they still have breakfast :D

Have stayed at that Fairfield Inn. It's about a mile away from the airport, nice breakfast, clean room. Standard assortment of chain restaraunts nearby. Don't think they have a port shuttle but I'm sure there is some kind of shuttle service from airport area hotels. It's not very far away.

• 1 month later...
Have stayed at that Fairfield Inn. It's about a mile away from the airport, nice breakfast, clean room. Standard assortment of chain restaraunts nearby. Don't think they have a port shuttle but I'm sure there is some kind of shuttle service from airport area hotels. It's not very far away.

Can you provide a number for this fairfield in? i cant find it! Every hotel ive called is at least 20 mins away.

Thanks

David.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/jaxap-fairfield-inn-and-suites-jacksonville-airport/

They show cruise packages available for June 28, 2013.

There is also a Hilton Garden Inn and a Hampton Inn in the airport area that have cruise packages.

Lots of choices for Fascination cruisers!

I have seen taxi rates from airport to cruise port quoted here on cc between $25 and $30.

Archived