Carnival's "Isla Passion by Twister!"

jeffs713

Has anyone been on this, and have any feedback? My wife and I are going on the Carnival Magic in early January (leaving January 6th, to be exact), and while I'm a bit reluctant to go on an excursion due to the situation in Mexico... this looks like a LOT of fun.

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/304107

Any feedback?

I haven't been on the Twister but I have been to Isla Passion and am going back on our cruise this December. We are going by catamaran though, because my husband has a bad back.

I can tell you the island is beautiful, peaceful and we loved it. The food is good, but not great. We aren't drinkers, so I can't tell you much about the drinks.

We just really enjoyed our afternoon there, and can't wait to take our three kids there in December! Hope this helps a little bit.

Either way you get there , you should like PI..We have been twice by cat....We thought the food was actually good and you can drink all you can hold....Find Manuel by the bar at the food serving line..Tip him a little every now and then , and he will take good care of you.. I think I have a photo of him.

w8b8np.jpg

59vmdx.jpg

2b89ch.jpg

I have been there 4 times and am going back this November. We obviously love it. I have been to many other places in Cozumel, but this is our favorite. We have been twice by bus and then a motorboat over to the island and 2 times on the twister boat. The boat is a much faster way to get there. I was totally soaked when we arrived at the island and when we arrived back to the pier. They keep your belongings in a dry cabinet on the boat so no worries about cameras and such. It is much like an amusement park ride when you get close to the island and pier. One recomendation, take a larger mug or cup. Theirs are tiny and we had to make many beer runs. I agree with the poster that said the food was good not great. The guacamole was awesome but the chips were lacking, mainly because of the humidity. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer the ones I can. Have fun! Wish I was there now.:D

We have been twice. It is our favorite excursion. The twister is alot of fun. The guys make an extra effort to make it fun. Passion is very relaxing with something for everyone. I recommended this to my sister with three teens and they love it also. Overall, a good value and a good time

We just went on this excursion last saturday. The catamaran is really a small ferry type. The cost was $69 per adult which included all food and drinks.

The food was chicken, spaghetti(red sauce and white sauce) chicken nuggets, rice, flour totilla chips and salsa and guacamole. Watermelon and cantloupe were the fruits I can recall but I think there were more.

The drinks included soft drinks,purified water which we drank tons of and did not get sick,fruit punch and different alcholic drinks. They said the beer was dos equis but DH said no way it was dos equis.

The water was as warm as a bathtub-so nice I didn't get out until it was time to leave. However it was not very clear . DH as usual snorkelled and saw only one fish. Some kind of ray-a very small one the size of my hand.

The trip in total is 5 hours but you only ahve 3 on the beach. We really liked it (this was our second time). We have also been to Playa Mia and El Cid. Next time we will try somewhere new though.

We have two kids 6 & 5 and are wondering what types of water toys they have. We went to Nachi Cocum and really loved it.

Also are pina colida's available as one of the free drinks or just beer and rum punch?

Any info would be great.

Has anyone been on this, and have any feedback? My wife and I are going on the Carnival Magic in early January (leaving January 6th, to be exact), and while I'm a bit reluctant to go on an excursion due to the situation in Mexico... this looks like a LOT of fun.

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/304107

Any feedback?

We went in March and it was great! The boat ride was so fun and the beach was really relaxing. They have free rum punch and a buffet set up when you get there. There are water toys for the kids and a trampoline set up on the beach. There is also beach volleyball and they have games for the kids too. Very nice beach day for us.

We have two kids 6 & 5 and are wondering what types of water toys they have. We went to Nachi Cocum and really loved it.

Also are pina colida's available as one of the free drinks or just beer and rum punch?

Any info would be great.

There were blow up type water toys in the ocean and they also had a trampoline on the beach. About mid-day, they also had organized games for the kids like water balloon toss.

Rum punch and beer were the only included drinks but they did have a full bar where you could order things that you could pay for separately.

Can anyone please tell me...is the beer that is included in the price served in a plastic cup or a beer bottle? We HATE beer in a plastic cup as it gets hot so fast. Thanks for the help!!

You just aren't drinking it fast enough, then.

------

Thank you ALL for the advice! My wife and I will be booking a spot for this excursion on our cruise - I'll post some pics afterwards!

Can anyone please tell me...is the beer that is included in the price served in a plastic cup or a beer bottle? We HATE beer in a plastic cup as it gets hot so fast. Thanks for the help!!

Served in a plastic cup. As are all drinks.

Just take an insulated mug with you. We did this and had no problem.

Archived