TS / (Hurricane?) Isaac

Scott34787

I just heard my sister say that parts of NO are being evacuated. She has a friend down there who just returned from visiting family here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

I would imagine officials would be pretty quick to evacuate any neighborhoods outside the levee protected areas. Hopefully all the time & money put into the levee system will prove to be worth it, if they do take the brunt of it.

Here in Palm Beach County:

• We lost power for about 3 hours overnight. Over 43,000 lost power in the county.

• Over 12+ inches of rain so far.

• Street flooding and canals over flowing.

• Public schools, government and multiple businesses closed today.

All this from a tropical storm....:(

Just looked at the POM website and the port is still closed. Looking at the radar, Miami looks clear so hopefully it'll be clear for the Imagination to dock soon.

To the poster asking about his brother's vehicle and flooding, it will really depend on which lot they parked in and the level of storm surge. There is an multistory parking garage for the port and a surface lot at the port, so obviously less change if in upper floors of garage. I think Carnival cruisers are routed to the multistory garage, NCL to the surface lot, surface lot is also overflow too. There are also several private parking companies that offer cruise parking in Nola, some also in elevated structures. So not necessarily a given that car will certainly be flooded. They may not be able to get to car for a while if port is damaged and Elation brought into different port.

I would imagine officials would be pretty quick to evacuate any neighborhoods outside the levee protected areas. Hopefully all the time & money put into the levee system will prove to be worth it, if they do take the brunt of it.

Very true. She is currently watching weather channel since she us worried about her friend.

Very true. She is currently watching weather channel since she us worried about her friend.

I'm worried about mine too. She lives inside the levee system, but bought her house post-Katrina. Her neighbors have told stories of sitting on rooftops hoping to be rescued. But she's hestitating to evacuate. They haven't ordered it for her neighborhood and she doesn't want to leave her husband. Because they have no kids, he's ordered to stay on base for the duration of the storm. But you'd think someone who lived in Homestead during Andrew (as a scared little girl) wouldn't be so wishy washy on the subject!

I'm worried about mine too. She lives inside the levee system, but bought her house post-Katrina. Her neighbors have told stories of sitting on rooftops hoping to be rescued. But she's hestitating to evacuate. They haven't ordered it for her neighborhood and she doesn't want to leave her husband. Because they have no kids, he's ordered to stay on base for the duration of the storm. But you'd think someone who lived in Homestead during Andrew (as a scared little girl) wouldn't be so wishy washy on the subject!

I think I would leave if I could. I know some can't because of work and all though :(

I think I would leave if I could. I know some can't because of work and all though :(

That was her excuse last night. Today I gave her a few options. My Dad will keep her dog if she goes to her MIL's place (she hates the dog) or I can squeeze them (it's her, her Dad & the dog) into my place. I texted to ask if she'd make a decision yet and she hasn't replied. She's a procrastinator. If she does that for too long, she won't have a choice anymore. If she's leaving, she needs to do it by tonight. :(

SUMMARY OF CARNIVAL RELEASE:

The Port of Miami has reopened. Check-in is set from 8:00pm to 11:00pm. Due to limited seating, please do not proceed to the cruise terminal any earlier than 8:00 PM. Carnival has secured the Doubletree Convention Center in the event customers need a place to wait. 711 N.W. 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL, 33126, Phone# 305-261-3800. Carnival will post a $25 per person credit to your Sail & Sign account for dinner.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-1235022

:(

Her hubby doesn't have to stay at the base but they're not evacuating. She's stubborn and their minds are made up. Apparently none of their neighbors-who lived there pre-Katrina, are evacuating, so neither are they. *sigh*

She's under orders to check in every few hours when it's due to hit.

Her hubby doesn't have to stay at the base but they're not evacuating. She's stubborn and their minds are made up. Apparently none of their neighbors-who lived there pre-Katrina, are evacuating, so neither are they. *sigh*

She's under orders to check in every few hours when it's due to hit.

If you hear from your friends will you please posted on here what she's saying about the area. We're due to sail on the Conquest on Sunday (Sept 2nd) and I'm worried about how the area is going to be. We'll be driving in from Mo. Thanks and everyone stay safe.

Please keep myself, my friends, and family in your thoughts over the next few days. This thing is headed right towards us (Looking at the map, the last H dot is right over my town!). Thank you!

Will pray for you and all involved...Peace be with you and yours.

Where were you getting those awesome maps showing all the different models' track guidance? If that was on NHC or NWS' site, I haven't found them yet.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml?5-daynl

I go to that info page all the time. None of those maps is the type that Scott posted earlier showing all the diverging track guidance paths.

--But thanks.

EDIT: Grillfish to the rescue! Spaghettimodels.com looks right.

Wishing you the best on your wedding day. If it does rain, just remember that " A wet knot is harder to untie" My "wet knot" has been tied for 48 years on Sept. 8th.

I LOVE that! :)

Best wishes on your upcoming wedding...i had always heard rain on your wedding day was good luck...

enjoy your day...despite the unwanted guest Isaac the Terrible!

Archived