Another Upgrade Question

Cricket2012

I just looked on Carnival's site and it shows that I could have a suite for $80 more (total extra for two people) than my current balcony booking. One deck lower, directly below where I am currently booked. Deck 7 on the Destiny, so only cabins above and below.

I have made my final payment. Can I change now without penalty? Also, is there any reason in the world that I would not want to do this? ... cabin and balcony are 1.5 the size, whirlpool bath ... Other than the $80 of course, but this seems like a great deal.

Your advice please.

We are in an 8a right now, this would be an OS - Suite. I just looked at my TA's website and the same cabins are listed for a total of $380 more, with no price break for seniors, the Carnival rate is giving a $300 discount because of senior rates (therefore $80 upgrade in total for us). Would I still be able to upgrade to this through Carnival if I booked through a TA and/or would the TA be able to get the $80 upgrade for us?

It's not an aft wrap, at this point, I would like to stay closer to mid-ship.

Everyone has access to the same rates. .. maybe on your TA site the right box for 55 or older isnt checked.. but for sure she can get you the same rate.

Call her tomorrow if you want a bigger cabin and VIP embarkation. No other perks... but its nice to have more space as you said.

I don't think my TA missed the senior rate because I originally booked a balcony which doesn't have senior rates and never even considered a suite. Not sure if the senior rate for this category has just been added or not. I will definitely call first thing tomorrow to get the cabin I want, and the VIP checkin which I also just noticed (and you indicated) would be nice as well. It's on a deck with a lot of suites, so traffic might be a little less as well.

Go For It!!! We just got off the Destiny a week ago and had an OS, on the 7th deck Fwd. It was wonderful! We do spend enough time in the cabin to enjoy it! I LOVED the tub and took a HOT bath 3 of the 5 nights! You only have to pay $80.00 for the upgrade? We Pd much more and Did Not regret it one bit! Either way though you will have A Great Time! Enjoy your cruise! :)

I upgraded! There were about 8 cabins available, and they disappeared in about 2 hours, so it must have been a good price (whether they got the extra senior discount or just the reduced price). I was starting to stress when I couldn't get ahold of my TA and was on hold with Carnival instead when my TA finally returned my call. I am thrilled I got this upgrade and I am sure to enjoy it.

I read online that there were supposed to be some "sales" today (Thursday), and while a number of people seem disappointed, I really did well.

Archived