RCI Inside Passage Sept 7 2012

mtdreamweaver

I purchased the RCI Inside Passage cruise for my husband for his birthday back in February. We are finally getting excited as we have both been to Alaska, but never together and as tourists. The only one paid for so far is Ketchikan...

Our plan is to do the Whales Mendenhall and salmon Bake in Juneau

Something in Skagway (lol)

Saxman Village with native dancers in Ketchikan

Just a couple of thoughts;

If I had to choose between Saxman Village and Totem Bight....I would choose Totem Bight in a heartbeat.

Skagway do a trip on the WP&YRR at least to the summit and save some time for walking around the town.

Does anyone know if there is a running track on this ship? What about a weight room? I'm not a fitness buff, but I've been on a weight loss challenge that I have already made some money on! So I want to stay in shape because I have no intention on going skimp on the food, lol and I'm cruising in the middle of another challenge!! I've never rock climbed, but I'm gonna do it! And the zipline! I'm going all out even it it scares the living daylights out of me!

I have one son in Afghanistan (USMC), one sone leaving for bootcamp three days after we leave on this cruise (USMC) and a daughter who will leave for bootcamp in June (USMC)! I am a VERY proud Marine Mom! We will be meeting our oldest in Vegas for the Marine Corps Ball in November to welcome him home from Afghanistan and meet all my surrogate Marine children I have been sending care packages to! So this cruise will definitely be R&R time for mom!

Thank your kids for their service to our country!

Yes, there is a jogging track as well as a gym with weight training equipment. My husband prefers the treadmill in the gym to the track, better for viewing the sea and no traffic. Get there early as later in the morning it tends to get crowded.

I prefer walking the track and try to stay to the right, so the joggers don't have to alert me to move out of the way. As I recall, 4 trips around the track = 1 mile.

Archived