Infinity from Seattle flight / hotel Question

marc62

Can anyone who flew from UK or maybe elsewhere with flights via Celebrity & were put up in Marriot Seattle Airport? If so can you let me know what time you were collected from the hotel to be taken to the pier and were the queue's big? The reason for asking is that with the time difference (8 hours behind UK) we will be awake early and are thinking of paying for a taxi to the pier as I hear we can get on board around 11am, not sure it is worth 60 dollars though.

Marc

The taxi won't be $60. It will be more like $35-$45.00. I just did it. Seattle is one of the worst ports for check-in. They just seem understaffed and the lines are long. But because we did a taxi- our luggage was taken at the curb where the taxi's drop off and we just walked into the "no bags" terminal and made our way onboard around 1PM.

We were on the 8/10/12 Infinity cruise out of Seattle. We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront and thought we would take our time and first check in at about 1PM. However, since we were right across from Pier 66, my husband took a walk over to check it out. He was advised by employees that it was in our best interests to check in earlier. Therefore, we checked in very easily with no lines at all, and were on the ship by 11:30AM. We were told that alot of the busses and shuttles bring in cruisers at around 1PM and that it is a huge hassle. We were very happy to be sitting in a lounge at 11:30 and not having to deal with long lines and delays. We were given very good advice!

We were on the 8/10/12 Infinity cruise out of Seattle. We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront and thought we would take our time and first check in at about 1PM. However, since we were right across from Pier 66, my husband took a walk over to check it out. He was advised by employees that it was in our best interests to check in earlier. Therefore, we checked in very easily with no lines at all, and were on the ship by 11:30AM. We were told that alot of the busses and shuttles bring in cruisers at around 1PM and that it is a huge hassle. We were very happy to be sitting in a lounge at 11:30 and not having to deal with long lines and delays. We were given very good advice!

Thank you Merprincess, I think we will follow your advice!

Marc

Concur that checking in early is a good idea, but a taxi will be necessary.

Many Thanks

I have booked a taxi to pick us up at 10:30am so we should be at Pier 66 for around 11am.

Thank you everyone for your help

Marc

You made the right decision Marc, you will be on-board in no time - enjoy the trip. Concierge embarkation was already under way by 11.15, the others shortly after. We took a short wander around, a drink then lunch. The announcement was made about quarter to one that cabins were ready. At that point the ship was still not too busy, but there was a great sense of anticipation.

Archived