Seville to airport

silkismom

The Azamara Quest docks IN Seville on Nov 6 at 11:30AM, thus we will have an overnight there. Our flt leaves Nov 7 from Seville airport (SVQ) at 6:30AM (IB to MAD) anyone know how long the trip is to the airport and the check-in time. Choice Air (yah, I know) did the flts. I know we have to get our own taxi.

The Azamara Quest docks IN Seville on Nov 6 at 11:30AM, thus we will have an overnight there. Our flt leaves Nov 7 from Seville airport (SVQ) at 6:30AM (IB to MAD) anyone know how long the trip is to the airport and the check-in time. Choice Air (yah, I know) did the flts. I know we have to get our own taxi.
Half an hour to 40 min. depending on where in Seville you're staying. Could be less at oh-dark-thirty. I'd probably shoot for 90 min. pre-flight, but no way of knowing; one cruise ship can swamp a small airport's counter.

I assume you realize you're not docking in Seville, which is an hour inland from Cadiz, where you'll probably port. I assume also that the transfer to accommodations in Seville will be arranged by the cruiseline?

Half an hour to 40 min. depending on where in Seville you're staying. Could be less at oh-dark-thirty. I'd probably shoot for 90 min. pre-flight, but no way of knowing; one cruise ship can swamp a small airport's counter.

It's not all that far. At oh-dark-thirty you should make it from downtown to airport in 15-20 minutes by taxi.

FWIW, I didn't believe it either. Had to check it out myself.
Interesting the things you learn on this board. Apparently its been a pretty controversial thing, as the dredging was feared to impact negatively the Doñana National Park (at the mouth of the Guadalquivir River) which is a World Heritage site. UNESCO complained, obviously to no avail.

Sometimes the intersection of the cruising industry's (and shipping industry's in general) and environmental concerns is a troublesome thing for us consumers.

Archived