Specialty restaurants

coffeebean

The specialty restaurant on Century is Murano. I was under the impression that this restaurant is the same as the Olympic on Millie but with another name. We dined in the Olympic several years ago when we cruised on Millie and expected the same experience in Murano on our up coming Century cruise.

If there is a difference, what is the difference in the menus of these two restaurants? Is there a difference in ambiance?

Thank you.

We were told two years ago that the menus were all standardized between Murano's and the M class equivalent specialty restaurants (Olympic, Normandie, SS United States and Ocean Liners). Of course it could have changed since then, but they will be very similar if not identical.

You may find that the actual dishes and presentation are slightly different as they will depend on the raw ingredients and the chefs on board even though the recipes "should" be the same.

We have sailed on three of the M-class ships and Century. The menus in the M-class specialty restaurants and Murano are indeed the same. We have found very little variance in presentation or quality of food. While the ambience is essentially the same, I find Murano on the Century to be my favorite, followed by the specialty restaurant on the Constellation. There is just some thing about the lighting on the Century I find appealing.

Archived