Dumbest Cruise Rule Ever!

nealstuber

Nominees for Dumbest Cruise rule Ever...  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Nominees for Dumbest Cruise rule Ever...

• No limes in your Corona Bottle
    • No Fishing of the Ship
    • No trays at the Buffet
    • No F deck
    • No Power Cords
    • No Steak Knives
    • No name changes on bookings
    • No Rate chages to existing bookings.
    • No Smoking on you Private Balcony
    • Smoking permitted someplace

A rule that I don't like/understand is that if you book a cabin with someone else and then for whatever reason that person cannot go on the cruise, they have to be canceled out and lose money. I don't understand why you can't just replace them with another person. The number of passengers doesn't change, you're switching out one person for another one. When the cruise is booked and the names are added to the booking no proof of identification is necessary, so what's the big deal about changing the name of a passenger?

THank heaven's we finally got to something that is important. A rule that to me, really doesn't make much sense.

I still say no seat saving is the dumbest rule. If anyone in your party decides to go to wine tasting or the bathroom but wants to sit with you, you have no choice But save them a seat. I end up bringing extra sweaters books drinks etc to make it look as if my friends just dropped their things and will return shortly.

Ok, so now that we have 10 nominations, I have attached a poll for you to vote. Winner of the dumbest cruise rule ever gets all the cocktails you can drink on your next CCL cruise during the 1 hr Captains party or a free drink coupon to the Comedy Brunch (Valid only for Danielle S. on a Magic sailing on the August 5th 2012 sailing- My choice).

Suprised that the prize for winning this poll has not even raised a chuckle..

New VIFP benefit...a free drink coupon...stupid rule...you can only use it in the MDR during breakfast, lunch, or punchliner brunch. Guess they want you to get started drinking early and on their terms...

or they know a certain percentage of people (like Dh & I) will probably never use them. We got ours last week on the Elation and never used them. I don't do breakfast (bad me-just lots of coffee) and rarely eat lunch in the MDR.

Yes, and what about the poor folks that use the trays to bring breakfast up to their cabins. How are they going to do it now? Feel bad for them. Some folks like to go down pick what they want from the buffet and then take it back up to their room or balcony. Not everyone wants to do room service.

I'd be real tempted to just "borrow" a room service tray and just keep using it until the end of the cruise. Wipe it down and put it in the closet until I need it next. Wash it and leave it behind on debark day.

Wonder if the no-more-tray thing is also meant to be a deterrent for bringing buffet food back to the room ? :confused:

'

We had trays on both of our recent Miracle and Pride sailings this summer.

I voted for the "no trays in buffet" however the no name change rule is pretty dumb. It doesn't cost CCL a thing to change out a px name and a total of 30 seconds to type in the new info.

It's a win-win solution. If someone else can't go, switch out with someone that can. Then CCL is gaining their $'s instead of an empty bed and the crew loses out on the tips as well.

so CCL should smarten up and allow name changes.

We had trays on both of our recent Miracle and Pride sailings this summer.

We had trays on Fascination in May, but none two weeks ago. Rather abrupt if you ask me, and it makes for a pain-in-the-neck sliding the bare plate down the serving line... I'll have to think about cadging a room service tray next time.

New VIFP benefit...a free drink coupon...stupid rule...you can only use it in the MDR during breakfast, lunch, or punchliner brunch. Guess they want you to get started drinking early and on their terms...

We used ours for "fancy coffee." ;)

Ok, so now that we have 10 nominations, I have attached a poll for you to vote. Winner of the dumbest cruise rule ever gets all the cocktails you can drink on your next CCL cruise during the 1 hr Captains party or a free drink coupon to the Comedy Brunch (Valid only for Danielle S. on a Magic sailing on the August 5th 2012 sailing- My choice).

what post number is the winner? I looked all through this thread but I couldn't figure it out

They are not telling you to drink on their terms, they are just limiting the free drink to certain times of day and locations. My philosophy is...a free drink is still a free drink, and better than no free drink coupon at all. ;)

Archived