Dumbest Cruise Rule Ever!

nealstuber

Nominees for Dumbest Cruise rule Ever...  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Nominees for Dumbest Cruise rule Ever...

• No limes in your Corona Bottle
    • No Fishing of the Ship
    • No trays at the Buffet
    • No F deck
    • No Power Cords
    • No Steak Knives
    • No name changes on bookings
    • No Rate chages to existing bookings.
    • No Smoking on you Private Balcony
    • Smoking permitted someplace

Submit your nominations for the Dumbest Cruise Rule Ever here:

My submission is the "NO LIMES IN CORONA BOTTLES" rule. Apparently limes in the bottles mess up the recylcing regime so you can either have it in a glass with the lime or bottle sans lime (provided you are not on the pool deck)

Give me a break.

They now pour your Corona into this recycable bottle which allows for a lime!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4JizGav-kHlqd9x7ETB18QZPwsVeGkMG_2YBNFSNAHOezsG3W

I saw those on our last cruise. Thought they looked kind of silly until I realized that they could now get the lime out to recycle the bottle. Never really thought it was a dumb rule, though, since they are required to recycle everything they can onboard. I'm not a Corona drinker so it was never any skin off my back on the lime thing prior to that, though.

My vote for dumb rules I hesitate to even mention since I don't want the OPs thread turned into an argument. So please consider this is MY opionion. :p The new Liberty 2.0 oudoor smoking area in the windiest part of the ship with no ashtrays available is a dumb rule. Whoever thought it up is asking for a fire. There are several other outdoor, out of the way areas I could have come up with that would make a much better area, not be in the way of the nonsmokers, and also had cover in case of rain. :rolleyes:

My submission is the "NO LIMES IN CORONA BOTTLES" rule. Apparently limes in the bottles mess up the recylcing regime so you can either have it in a glass with the lime or bottle sans lime (provided you are not on the pool deck)

Give me a break.

Actually that rule makes perfect sense because debris in the bottles can muck the whole process up.

Give me a break.

That's pretty funny anyway. The idea of the lime was to run the rim to keep the flies off. Wonder which bubba thought you were supposed to add it to the beer and started a craze.

They now pour your Corona into this recycable bottle which allows for a lime!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4JizGav-kHlqd9x7ETB18QZPwsVeGkMG_2YBNFSNAHOezsG3W

That is a burnable bottle, not recycable, so they just burn the bottle and the lime. Very wasteful and environmentally unfriendly.

I saw those on our last cruise. Thought they looked kind of silly until I realized that they could now get the lime out to recycle the bottle. Never really thought it was a dumb rule, though, since they are required to recycle everything they can onboard. I'm not a Corona drinker so it was never any skin off my back on the lime thing prior to that, though.

My vote for dumb rules I hesitate to even mention since I don't want the OPs thread turned into an argument. So please consider this is MY opionion. :p The new Liberty 2.0 oudoor smoking area in the windiest part of the ship with no ashtrays available is a dumb rule. Whoever thought it up is asking for a fire. There are several other outdoor, out of the way areas I could have come up with that would make a much better area, not be in the way of the nonsmokers, and also had cover in case of rain. :rolleyes:

My vote goes for Liberty also.

My nomination for dumbest rule is for any cruise not allowing smoking on balconies. Give me a break, it is outside, and when ship is moving, smoke dissipates rapidly.:confused:

* Effective December 1, 2011, smoking will be prohibited in all guest staterooms. Guests in balcony staterooms may smoke (including cigars) outside on their balcony. That was copied from Carnival's website

My nomination for dumbest rule is for any cruise not allowing smoking on balconies. Give me a break, it is outside, and when ship is moving, smoke dissipates rapidly.:confused:

Ooops; now you gone and done it! Smoking, discussed to death. I believe that if you want to blacken your lungs you have the right to do just that, but, don't blow your smoke onto my balcony. Plenty of "open air space" for smokers.

Now for my dumbest rule: uh, well, I can't think of any cause I LOVE CRUISING :D

That's pretty funny anyway. The idea of the lime was to run the rim to keep the flies off. Wonder which bubba thought you were supposed to add it to the beer and started a craze.

Actually, according to Snopes, shoving a lime wedge is an American custom and supposedly started in 1981 when a bartender did that to see if he could start a tradition.

DH is no fishing off the ship!

1) safety- hooks being flung every where and who wants a flopping fish hauled past their balcony or window?; 2) compliance with the law- it is illegal to throw anything over the side and the cruise lines can be heavily fined for violations. If your DH wants to fish there are plenty of fishing excursions.

CCL allows smoking on the balconies and the cruise lines that do not are responding to their lines' demographics.

Dumbest rule: You are not allowed to bring your own alcohol on board.

This rule is in place for one reason and one reason only, so Carnival can charge you excessive pricing for their booze.

There can be more than one reason for a rule, but even if your assertion that this is the only reason for the rule, so what? CCL is in the business of making money.

1)

There can be more than one reason for a rule, but even if your assertion that this is the only reason for the rule, so what? CCL is in the business of making money.

Don't like my opinion on what is a dumb rule? So what? Go ahead and be a CCL cheerleader all you want!

It is my understanding that Disney allows you to bring on as much booze as you want and from what I've read recently HAL does, also.

I saw this as well on the Disney website..Beer and alcohol is allowed for the cruiser to carry onboard..WOW..thats awesome....

Don't like my opinion on what is a dumb rule? So what? Go ahead and be a CCL cheerleader all you want!

Don't really care, just expressing a contrary opinion. Yeah, that's me, zero CCL cruises and still a cheerleader:rolleyes:.

Actually, according to Snopes, shoving a lime wedge is an American custom and supposedly started in 1981 when a bartender did that to see if he could start a tradition.

A bartender in a Mexican resort told me that the addition of the lime was because Corona tasted so bad they had to nulify the bad taste. It is def. an American tradition and they think its rather funny.:cool:

Archived