Dumbest Cruise Rule Ever!

nealstuber

Nominees for Dumbest Cruise rule Ever...  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Nominees for Dumbest Cruise rule Ever...

• No limes in your Corona Bottle
    • No Fishing of the Ship
    • No trays at the Buffet
    • No F deck
    • No Power Cords
    • No Steak Knives
    • No name changes on bookings
    • No Rate chages to existing bookings.
    • No Smoking on you Private Balcony
    • Smoking permitted someplace

I saw this as well on the Disney website..Beer and alcohol is allowed for the cruiser to carry onboard..WOW..thats awesome....

True, but compare the prices..... Kids get soda for free on Disney as well but the cost is there in the cruise fare.

True, but compare the prices..... Kids get soda for free on Disney as well but the cost is there in the cruise fare.

On Disney we were indeed allowed to bring our own liquor, but a 3 day cruise for two was just short of $1200. Big price difference.;)

* Effective December 1, 2011, smoking will be prohibited in all guest staterooms. Guests in balcony staterooms may smoke (including cigars) outside on their balcony. That was copied from Carnival's website

I agree you can smoke on CCL balconies, but the question was dumbest cruise rule, not dumbest CCL cruise rule.

Forcing electronic cigarette smokers to vape in smoking areas!!!

I quit smoking 4 years ago, and now smoke an e-cigarette. There is no second hand smoke - it's water vapor. I have made the decision to be healthier for myself and those around me. Why should I have to be forced back around smokers and inhale their second hand smoke. DUMB.

My nomination for dumbest rule is for any cruise not allowing smoking on balconies. Give me a break, it is outside, and when ship is moving, smoke dissipates rapidly.:confused:

Sorry, but guess I would have to say the dumbest rule is allowing smoking on balconies, or anywhere on the ship for that matter. :o

A bartender in a Mexican resort told me that the addition of the lime was because Corona tasted so bad they had to nulify the bad taste. It is def. an American tradition and they think its rather funny.:cool:

And then someone has to explain Bud Lime.

I don't know if this is a cruise rule, but I think it's dumb that you're required to pack up your belongings and get off of the ship when it returns to its' home port.:mad: (Vacations are never long enough.)

If you don't get off, you take the chance of getting the pucky beat out of you by the next person who wants your cabin:D

No more trays at the buffets. I guess it saves on the money to wash and restack them but they sure were convenient to hold a plate, bowl and a cup of coffee or tea........ now it means more trips back to the buffet and drink area hence clogging up the line.

I saw this as well on the Disney website..Beer and alcohol is allowed for the cruiser to carry onboard..WOW..thats awesome....

Hmmm...maybe that is why Disney cruises are priced higher...I didn't know that about the alcohol.

I will say though, I am not a beer drinker and I like having the fun cocktails. There is no way I would carry all that stuff on board and my Ninja blender...:eek: I am a high maintenance drinker!! LOL:)

Forcing electronic cigarette smokers to vape in smoking areas!!!

I quit smoking 4 years ago, and now smoke an e-cigarette. There is no second hand smoke - it's water vapor. I have made the decision to be healthier for myself and those around me. Why should I have to be forced back around smokers and inhale their second hand smoke. DUMB.

E-cigs emit glycol or glycerine vapor, not water vapor. There is quite a difference btw. ;)

No more trays at the buffets. I guess it saves on the money to wash and restack them but they sure were convenient to hold a plate, bowl and a cup of coffee or tea........ now it means more trips back to the buffet and drink area hence clogging up the line.

Oh yes...I hate that as well...I need a tray!!!

It is my understanding that Disney allows you to bring on as much booze as you want and from what I've read recently HAL does, also.

Try being trapped on a ship with 1000 screaming kids and Disney music playing 24/7 ("It's a small world after all") and you will see why bringing as much alcohol on board as humanly possible is allowed. :D

Try being trapped on a ship with 1000 screaming kids and Disney music playing 24/7 ("It's a small world after all") and you will see why bringing as much alcohol on board as humanly possible is allowed. :D

I take it you have never been on a Disney cruise. What a silly thing to say.

That is a burnable bottle, not recycable, so they just burn the bottle and the lime. Very wasteful and environmentally unfriendly.

Wow, there is enough waste on a cruise ship.. Why can't they just drink lime with a class? Cause that bottle looks silly to me regardless!

Actually, according to Snopes, shoving a lime wedge is an American custom and supposedly started in 1981 when a bartender did that to see if he could start a tradition.

I don't know about Snopes or how Corona with lime got started, but I was drinking Micheladas in Cancun in 1979 during Spring Break. A Michelada is a cold beer with lime, hot sauce, and a salted rim.

Oh yes...I hate that as well...I need a tray!!!

Yes, and what about the poor folks that use the trays to bring breakfast up to their cabins. How are they going to do it now? Feel bad for them. Some folks like to go down pick what they want from the buffet and then take it back up to their room or balcony. Not everyone wants to do room service.

I'd be real tempted to just "borrow" a room service tray and just keep using it until the end of the cruise. Wipe it down and put it in the closet until I need it next. Wash it and leave it behind on debark day.

Wonder if the no-more-tray thing is also meant to be a deterrent for bringing buffet food back to the room ? :confused:

'

I take it you have never been on a Disney cruise. What a silly thing to say.

Silly smilly, took our grandson to Disney World last November, still can't stop singing "It's a small world". Somebody bring me a beer so I can get this song out of my head! :eek:

Actually that's not a rule- you may bring a tray with you and use it (some will keep their room service tray for the purpose, some will buy some cheap trays and bring them).

Don't like my opinion on what is a dumb rule? So what? Go ahead and be a CCL cheerleader all you want!

Ok......Carnival should not be in the business of making money. Hey you know what...let everyone bring all the booze they want and just add a few hundred dollars to each cruiser's price of their cabin.

I'm drink alot on cruises (more then at home). I KNOW my sign and sail is going to be alot because that's a part of the PRICE of cruising!!! Has nothing to do with being a cheerleader.

By the way and with all due respect.....do you really not understand the concept of running a business for profit ????

Actually that's not a rule- you may bring a tray with you and use it (some will keep their room service tray for the purpose, some will buy some cheap trays and bring them).

Tomato-Tomato----Wheather it's a rule or not --- it's still a PITA since they don't offer them. What about the Mom's and Dad's that need their trays to help fill plates for thier small children. Rule or just a stupid decision not to have them, it's still an inconvenience, and bringing one on board it just plain stupid IMHO, and to have to hijack a roomservice tray is kind of crazy too.

:):)

Archived