Poesia in the Caribean 2013

CruiseCrew123

Can you tell us how strict was the dressing code after 6:00pm?

Because on MSC website it says no jeans, shorts, or t-shirts after 6:00pm!

Thanks!;)

EVENING:

casual/informal:

It did not seem that strict at all. I saw all kinds of dress. For the most part on my cruise, men wore slacks and short sleeve button down collared dress shirts with dress shoes. Women wore pants/dresses, etc. I wore capris, nice shirt, dressy sandals. DH and DS dressed as previously indicated. You could probably get away with a good pair of dark jeans with nice button down collared shirt and nice shoes. I let DH and DS get away with jeans/t-shirt and sneakers one night after excursion from Panama Canal was over an hour late. Got to ship about 45 minutes before late seating. Just enough time to freshen up. :)

Formal:

DH/DS wore sport coat, dress pants, dress shoes long sleeve dress shirts and tie. I wore dress slacks, dressy shirts and heels.

Did not eat in MDR for lunch. Breakfast was anything goes since most were going on excursions. Buffet was very good. DS loved it! and chose to eat there a couple of nights. We ate lunch in buffet every day. Breakfast was a mix of room service/buffet and MDR. Dinner was in MDR everynight but one. DH and I went to Sushi place for a dinner special. It was very nice.

Any other questions, let me know.

After 3 non returned calls from the messages we left, we gave up and sent an e mail....no reply from that either....does anybody work there????:(

I never had any problem reaching MSC USA. Contacted them all the time by live chat and direct calls.

Is there any question I can answer for you?

After 3 non returned calls from the messages we left, we gave up and sent an e mail....no reply from that either....does anybody work there????:(

Actually, live chat I had no problem reaching either, only problem was the price they gave for beer package was wrong. Luckily DSA saved the day and I called in, yes they answer the 1 -877-665-4655 number.

I spoke with only nice people there. Had to call a couple of times because of an adjustment that had to be made and everybody was super pleasant.

• 3 weeks later...

I am sailing the MSC Divina 7 december 2013... sailing solo... like to have an occasional drink on an everyday basis...thinking seriously of purchasing the allergrio preminum drink package.... does this include bottled beer or only draft beer? also does it include gelato on this package ... does it also include anything out of the mini bar in ur cabin...

I am sailing the MSC Divina 7 december 2013... sailing solo... like to have an occasional drink on an everyday basis...thinking seriously of purchasing the allergrio preminum drink package.... does this include bottled beer or only draft beer? also does it include gelato on this package ... does it also include anything out of the mini bar in ur cabin...

The premium package will include that but really isn't cost effective for someone who just wants an occasional drink, you'd need to be a moderatevto heavy drinker to make it pay or have coffee, soft drinks and/or ice bream by the bucket.

The premium package will include that but really isn't cost effective for someone who just wants an occasional drink, you'd need to be a moderatevto heavy drinker to make it pay or have coffee, soft drinks and/or ice bream by the bucket.

can u explain to me what u mean by having to be a moderate to heavy drinker.. to make it pay or have coffe, soft drinks and/or ice cream by the bucket.... Even though i dont drink as much as anyone else...still think that it is worth it to me...as i say i do like a drink or two everyday wether it be a mixed drink, or beer, or a soft drink, or wine....just knowing that this package has been paid for in advance, i dont have to worry about all the bar bills that i may incur day by day.... the way i am reading about this package is that everything is included, mixed drinks, wine, beer, soft drinks, gelato, bottled water, and anything from the mini bar in ur cabin..... am i correct on all of this? Also will u be sailing the Divina on December 7th sailing....:):):):)

can u explain to me what u mean by having to be a moderate to heavy drinker.. to make it pay or have coffe, soft drinks and/or ice cream by the bucket.... Even though i dont drink as much as anyone else...still think that it is worth it to me...as i say i do like a drink or two everyday wether it be a mixed drink, or beer, or a soft drink, or wine....just knowing that this package has been paid for in advance, i dont have to worry about all the bar bills that i may incur day by day.... the way i am reading about this package is that everything is included, mixed drinks, wine, beer, soft drinks, gelato, bottled water, and anything from the mini bar in ur cabin..... am i correct on all of this? Also will u be sailing the Divina on December 7th sailing....:):):):)

All I mean is that if you are only going to have a few drinks per day, you'll be far cheaper just paying for thevdrinks you have. Not sure what the dollar price of the premium package is but the UK one is almost £40 which would roughly be about 48/50€. if I were to buy a soft drink, a beer and a couple of cocktails and a glass of wine, I'd spend about 25€.

All the things you mention are included but you need to be sure you're going to be consuming at least 48euros worth (or the dollar equivalent) otherwise all you're doing is paying more money than you need to for the peace of mind of not having a bar bill at the end.

Hello

Looking to find out info on these 2 ports Roaton and Falmouth. This is my 4th cruise on this ship but these ports are new and I'm wondering if any are within walking distance of a beach. I have looked at reviews on cruise critic and other than generic details can't find answers.

Hello

Looking to find out info on these 2 ports Roaton and Falmouth. This is my 4th cruise on this ship but these ports are new and I'm wondering if any are within walking distance of a beach. I have looked at reviews on cruise critic and other than generic details can't find answers.

sorry both roatan and falmouth are not in working distance to beach... you have to be careful walking as both places are not really safe.... after u leave the gates of the terminal.... in roatan definitely u need to take a taxi, or share a ride with someone from the ship...outside in the terminal there are plenty of excursions that u can take to the beach and they are almost half the price what the cruise ship wants... hope that this is helpful information for u....

Hello

We hired a driver to the beach on the West end. He picked us up for the return. There are many hustlers outside the gate who will arrange a ride for you. The first stop was an all inclusive beach at the north end, but we had read about snorkeling from the beach at the south end, to he dropped us off at Bannanarama, and we walked south abit on the beach. Beautiful, and the snorkel boats came to where we were swimming from the beach. Walked back to Bannanarama, where you can order a drink and fresh water shower, met our driver. Have not yet been to Falmouth.

Archived