Portland question - any place to get a loaf of bread?

Cheryl H

Hello,

A couple of questions.....can we walk from the cruise ship to Dimillo's restaurant or should we get a cab? Also is there a little market in the area somewhere that might have a loaf of bread we could buy.

I know it's an odd question, but we bring some Peanut Butter on the ship for our son and having a loaf of bread is handy in our cabin.

Hello,

A couple of questions.....can we walk from the cruise ship to Dimillo's restaurant or should we get a cab? Also is there a little market in the area somewhere that might have a loaf of bread we could buy.

I know it's an odd question, but we bring some Peanut Butter on the ship for our son and having a loaf of bread is handy in our cabin.

If you don't have any mobility issues you will have an easy time walking along Commercial Street to Dimillo's.

Here's a link to an excellent bakery. (I would suggest calling to find out their hours though.)

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Overview/4158/standard-baking-company

Enjoy your cruise!

Can't you get bread on the ship to have in your cabin.

Put a few slices at a time in a ziploc bag and it will remain fresh for the day.

Get new slices the next day.

Just a suggestion.....

I guess I could. Would I just order it from room service? That is a good point.

You can ask for untoasted bread, english muffins, or bagels in the buffet or MDR at breakfast on both RCCL and Carnival. I assume that room service would also deliverer untoasted bread.

At lunch there is often a sandwich station that has bread and there are rolls by the soup.

• 3 weeks later...

If you walk to D'Millo's you'll go right by a very good bakery... Standard Baking Co., at 75 Commercial Street (beside Hilton Garden Inn). Look for it across from the parking garage on the Maine State Pier. D'M gets their bread from Standard, by the way.

Carnival Glory was in Portland yesterday... great day for it. Busy busy busy on Commercial Street, though!

Archived