Kids in November

Dazey18

Hi, first time cruiser here. Was just wondering if there are a lot of kids onboard during the beginning of November? I'll be taking my first cruise on November 4th and am very excited. I just recently learned there is no adult pool (Carnival Magic) which is fine no biggie. . . I'm not complaining, just asking. :)

Hi, first time cruiser here. Was just wondering if there are a lot of kids onboard during the beginning of November? I'll be taking my first cruise on November 4th and am very excited. I just recently learned there is no adult pool (Carnival Magic) which is fine no biggie. . . I'm not complaining, just asking. :)

Very few. Thanksgiving and Teachers Convention are towards the end of November....so highly doubtful parents will pull their kids out of school at the beginning of November.

There are however Home Schooled children that are always on ships, but that is about it.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! It depends on the length of the cruise. If it is a short weekend cruise there may be a lot of kids. Especially on Carnival, which tends to draw more families.

~Doris~

It's a seven day cruise.

Won't be a lot of children.

Keith

Thanks for posting this question. Our first med cruise was in june/july and it was packed wall to wall with kids. I love kids, always have a houseful, but this was mine and my husband first trip in 20 yrs without kids, wlit was kind of our honeymoon as we never had one and these kids on the ship were bad, i mean bad. The 2nd night, one of the kids that was constantly running down hallway past our room with a group, including the dad! broke his leg from falling. The adult pool/hot tub was constantly full of kids, when u complained nothing was done. Kids r great but something about the cruise ship causes parent to think its a free for all, no rules no discipline, i always made mine be respectful of others, just dont get it.

Anyway, we booked ours for nov this time one reason being we hoped there wouldnt be as many kids. I so hate being like that but when youre stuck at sea with a bunch of undisciplined kids it can get to you real quick.

Serenity area is adults only. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1552764

No pool there, but it looks like it has a hot tub. I never get in the pool on a ship anyway. It is usually salt (sea) water. Hot tubs are fresh water.

Here is your roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1587093

Where in Texas are you? I'm in the Dallas area. If you have to drive longer than 4 or 5 hours, you might drive down the day before and spend the night, so you won't be too tired your first day, and to allow for unexpected delays, such as car trouble or closed highways. Remember than lunch is provided the first day on the ship (no extra charge).

Here is your Carnival forum, with lots of threads on the Magic: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

And here is the Gulf port departures forum, including on Galveston: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

Thank you everyone for your replies. I too love kids and have one of my own, just preferred to be with mostly adults if at all possible, which is why we booked in november. I had read that a lot of times parents aren't too concerned at keeping their little ones out of the Serenity area. As long as they aren't literally jumping over me while I'm relaxing on a chair then I can over look these things. I did book with Carnival so I'm expecting there to be many families. If all goes well I'd like to cruise with my son next year :) .... Jimnbigd thank you for all the info on the site. But I have to ask, what is wrong with the salt water? I love swimming at the beach and have no problem with the sea salt :) , is it different than the ocean? Oh and I'm from Houston. I wanted to go to the bike rally as it's tradition for us and it falls on that same weekend, but the rooms have already sky rocketed, so instead I will be driving to Galveston the morning of departure.

...Jimnbigd thank you for all the info on the site. But I have to ask, what is wrong with the salt water? I love swimming at the beach and have no problem with the sea salt :) , is it different than the ocean?

No different -- it is ocean water. The ship can drain it and fill it quickly (under 30 minutes I think). Some people are surprised by the salt water, especially if they keep their eyes opened underwater. Don't expect a large or deep pool. The pools are never large enough to actually do swimming. Carnival will have some nice pool slides. Just keep your eyes closed so the salt water does not burn them. Royal Caribbean does have an adult solarium pool. You might try the Navigator of the Seas in late-2013 to early 2014. I've already booked March 30, 2014.

Here is one of several youtube videos showing the pool area:

New Jersey kids have off 3 days the beginning of November. Many NJ families choose to take their kids out of school to vacation this week since the kids will only miss 2 days of school. Not sure what port you are cruising from but those surronding the NJ area may have many kids onboard this week.

Archived