Muster Drill for Deck 3

Your muster station is based on your cabin's location and not necessarily based on what deck your cabin is on.

Exactly. The ship is nearly a quarter-mile long. In an emergency, it will be much quicker to get a few decks up or down in the same section of the ship rather than go all the way from one end to the other on the same deck.

If you look at the deck plans, you will see that any given deck is ringed with an "outline " in four different colors. (port bow, port stern, starboard bow, starboard stern) Each of those colors indicates a different muster station, but it really won't tell you exactly where that muster station will be. The graphic can help if you are putting kids in a seperate cabin and want to assure they will be in the same muster station as the adults, but it really won't help figure out which venue.

If you are willing to post your cabin numbers, then someone who may have stayed there or in the " same color" area on 3 might be able to tell you. But again no garuntees that it might not change;)

I was in room 3848 last March and our muster station was the cafe on the RP deck. I remember it well because it was my first time on a cruise ship and I was chaperoning a bunch of high school students and was trying to pay attention. Most of the folks at my muster station were from Brazil and already in party mode. They were talking laughing and talking quite loudly through the whole briefing. I left there having not really learned anything about what to do in an emergency. Luckily, some of the people traveling with us were experienced cruisers and filled us in on what they were saying.

If you look at the deck plans, you will see that any given deck is ringed with an "outline " in four different colors. (port bow, port stern, starboard bow, starboard stern) Each of those colors indicates a different muster station, but it really won't tell you exactly where that muster station will be. The graphic can help if you are putting kids in a seperate cabin and want to assure they will be in the same muster station as the adults, but it really won't help figure out which venue.

If you are willing to post your cabin numbers, then someone who may have stayed there or in the " same color" area on 3 might be able to tell you. But again no garuntees that it might not change;)

3837 & 3839 are our room numbers

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=AL

As an example...see deck 3 here, there is an outline green starboard bow, peach port bow, blue port stern and buff starboard stern...these are the zones. Where they each muster, who knows:confused:

How/where did you find this information?

Archived