Western Caribbean Glory or Eastern Caribbean Liberty?

gottogetaway2

Help! I can't decide between the Western Caribbean on the Glory or the Eastern Caribbean on the Liberty! They both leave the same time, 4 days after Thanksgiving, from POM and the price is the same. It will me and my husband, both of us are in our mid thirties. We enjoy the beach, swimming, snorkeling, we are very active people! We are looking for calm, warm water:) We have been on 3 cruises, all to the Mexican Riviera. I know we will be happy on either, because it is a CRUISE, but I would love any input!

Thanks!

We did the Liberty Eastern cruise as our very first cruise. We loved it! Our next cruise is the Glory Western.

The Liberty had just had all of the 2.0 changes when we went, and Glory is getting her 2.0 changes before we go on her.

I can't compare the two, but I can say that I really loved everything about the Liberty. I also really enjoyed the crusie director. He was very fun.

I also loved the ports. Grand Turk is breathtaking! Either way, you can't go wrong!:)

DW and I have been to both, three times to the Eastern Caribbean. Our next cruise is taking us to the Eastern again. The one island we enjoy is St. Thomas. For beaches both are about equal, but I think the snorkling is better in the Eastern Caribbean.

Everyone has their own opinion of which is the best.

I am going on the Glory WC, for the third time and we

love the stops, Roatan, Belieze, Grand Cayman, & Cozumel.

They all have some beautiful beaches & snorkling..

Whichever you chose I am sure you will have a great time.

I vote for the Liberty Eastern. The Liberty is a great ship! Perfect size for me. Excellent Serenity deck. In addition to the Blue Iguana tacos/burritos and Guys Burgers , she still has the fish n chips. You get 1/2 Moon Cay the private island and St Thomas with it's great beaches. Grand Turk is nothing but beaches rigth next to the port. And San Juan gives you a nice break with it's walkable tour. With the Glory is just getting out of drydock, the one saving grace for that might be, as she's getting an Alchemy Bar, the two original Alchemy bartenders, Adri and Ioana, may be on board to train staff. They're fabulous.:)

For me-- I would take the Liberty that week. Glory is just getting out of dry dock one week -- will the bugs be worked out by your sailing? Not worth it to chance it for us

Just curious. What do you mean by "bugs"? What kind of problems would come out of dry dock that would have an impact on the pax?

Help! I can't decide between the Western Caribbean on the Glory or the Eastern Caribbean on the Liberty! They both leave the same time, 4 days after Thanksgiving, from POM and the price is the same. It will me and my husband, both of us are in our mid thirties. We enjoy the beach, swimming, snorkeling, we are very active people! We are looking for calm, warm water:) We have been on 3 cruises, all to the Mexican Riviera. I know we will be happy on either, because it is a CRUISE, but I would love any input!

Thanks!

You can't go wrong either way. I would research each port

and see what is more your style.

FWIW, we are on the Glory for that sailing- it will be our

3rd time on her and she has an awesome Cruise Director.

We also prefer the Western route: The Mrs. LOVES Roatan

and I can't wait to visit the Mega store in Cozumel every visit. :)

Plus Grand Cayman has the cannibal chickens!

I have done both cruises. Liberty for Eastern and Glory for Western.

I would say Eastern on Liberty simply because there is only 1 tender stop, HMC is heavenly, and the ship has new food places.

That being said, I LOVE LOVE LOVED the cruise on the Glory as well. It was my first, and extremely fun. You cannot go wrong. Just be sure to book an excursion in Belize. Not a wonder around place.

All they are doing is adding a few

more bars, and restaurants, along

with some general sprucing up of

the Glory.

No need to worry about any major overhaul

or re-training of the staff.

Glory will come out of drydock raring to go.

I believe the Glory will be the 4th ship

to get the 2.0 makeover.

Any problems or concerns will have been worked out

long before the Glory even goes into dry dock..

traveler the dry dock is putting in a bunch of new stuff will it be done in time fir this sailing will the crew be properly trained for me its all too much ? to put my vacation dollars into

The USVIs are great, but so is Roatan.

You will have a great time on your WC

cruise..

I sailed on the Eastern itinerary earlier this year on the Liberty. I'll also be sailing the Western itinerary this December.

As much as I'm looking forward to the cruise on Glory, I still feel like I'm missing-out on St. Thomas. I love the USVIs

Archived