Is the PG suitable for kids

IngFam

There were only a couple of kids on our cruise BUT it was before school was out. We did this on purpose, I have to admit. The next cruise they were starting their summer program for kids so I would assume there would be more kids and more for them to do at that time.

Depends on the cruise

The 11 day your mentioning has 2 long sea days in what is nomally a bit rough. You might want to stay with the 7 night cruises as your on an island every day and think about doing it when they have a guest on board that works with the kids, at least for the younger ones. So think summer/holiday - 7 nights cruise

Paul Gauguin offers an "Ambassadors of the Environment Youth Program" for kids 9-17 on summer and holiday sailings; see http://www.pgcruises.com/onboard/activities and scroll to bottom for details and dates.

I agree with Tiki that a 7-day cruise might be a better option, as the kids will be busy with excursions (or motu visits) during the days - there aren't any sea days on that sailing, so it's less likely that the kids will be bored. We really didn't see many kids on our recent July 28 sailing (I think there were one or two infants and maybe a couple of teens); in all honesty, the PG seems more geared to adults/couples.

That said, if you do decide to go, there are ways the kids can entertain themselves during the day. There's a pool, tours of the galley and bridge, and several different movie channels on the in-room TVs. Les Gauguines often offer classes during the day, including bookmark-marking, shell bracelets, etc. -- though those are more likely to be of interest to girls rather than boys. (You didn't indicate whether you're traveling with boys or girls.)

Hope this feedback is of some help!

It really depends on the kids.

If your kids are used to crusing smaller ships then they will be fine.

My DD has been coming with us on the PG etc for a number of trips and never felt she needed organized activities. During the summer and christmas they do have organized excursions and activities for the younger kids.

My DD has been coming with us on the PG etc for a number of trips and never felt she needed organized activities. During the summer and christmas they do have organized excursions and activities for the younger kids.

As you say, it depends on the kids. While your DD is a grownup at this point, I am sure that in her youth, she fit in quite well with the other passengers. I think ours would as well...for their ages (they have sailed on other lines)...but we have yet to bring them on OUR vacation on the PG.

I think it absolutely depends on the kids. Some prefer the business of the mass market larger ships, while others will prefer the slower pace of the smaller ships.

We took our 13 and 16 year olds this summer on a small Seabourn ship and the absolutely loved it. We were in port nearly every day, came back to the ship in the afternoons, all enjoyed dinner and then did it all over again. My son enjoyed the use of the gym.

I wouldn't hesitate to take them on the PG! As a matter of fact, my daughter has been begging for that trip for years.

Archived