2110 or 1124 on Silhouette?

gonecroozin

Hi,

I have booked 2110 on the Silhouette for next September (early I know, but I am already counting the days :p)

Last year on the Solstice we stayed in 2108, and I loved it, but it has already been booked by someone else!

I also noticed that 1124 is available, and looking at the fabulous photo that somene posted where all the cabins have been numbered, it is in the same place but 2 decks down.

I know you have so many of these seemingly pointless questions to answer :p and that the majority of you are so patient, so I have another one for you :)

Are they any plus or minuses for either room that I should be considering?

Is either room better/worse than the other?

I would love to hear your opinions and experiences.

Personally I'd choose 1124 for two main reasons. 2110 is under the buffet area and whilst not the busy part you may find you hear some noise. In addition in 1124 you are a couple of decks down from the large overhang of the Lido deck. I've been in 1108 and 2106 and liked them equally, but 2106 was far enough forward to be clear of the overhang and I did hear footsteps above.

Phil

Thank you for your quick reply excitedofharpenden

The overhang is perhaps what bothers me the most, all though we dont sit out in the sun, I dont want the balcony to feel too dark and it is has more of the overhang than even 2108 has.

I wish I had stuck my head round the partition last year and sneaked a look :p

I have just noticed that 1124 is a connecting cabin, does this make any difference to choosing this cabin over 2110?

Thanks for any information .

No, the way the cabins connect on these ships means there isn't the usual connecting door inside the cabin, but rather a vestibule that can be created outside the cabin door to give one entry way. Like shown in this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28006722&postcount=2

Phil

No, the way the cabins connect on these ships means there isn't the usual connecting door inside the cabin, but rather a vestibule that can be created outside the cabin door to give one entry way. Like shown in this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28006722&postcount=2

Phil

Once again, Thank you!

I love the rooms up on deck 12. I would go with 2110. I like the large balcony and just 1 floor up to the food. Also you just walk str8 out to the pool area. We have been in 2103, 2105, 2107. Sept 29 we will be in 2109. We never here noise from up above. Richard

I love the rooms up on deck 12. I would go with 2110. I like the large balcony and just 1 floor up to the food. Also you just walk str8 out to the pool area. We have been in 2103, 2105, 2107. Sept 29 we will be in 2109. We never here noise from up above. Richard

Thank you for your input bigbenboys.

DH says we should stay put in 2110 for the exact same reasons you stated.

I am still unsure, and second guessing myself, as always.

Christina

Archived