Cosol tours

chaching

We went on this tour in April 2013 and also had Bumpy for a guide, he was great.

It was a long day but it was absolutely worth it. I was floored by the beauty of the island and parts of it looked like something out of the land that time forgot, I half expected to see Dinosaurs in the road at certain parts.

The mud bath was ok, it probably would've been better if I hadn't been sunburned and swimming at Jaloussie got rid of most of the smell of the Sulphur out of my suit. Floating on my back and staring straight up at one of the Pitons is a sight I'll never forget as well.

All in all a great day.

• 2 weeks later...

We enjoyed the cosol tour, a wide range of sites to see. We embraced the tour and joined in for the mud bath and the waterfall. The boat ride while short was dramatic as you pass the mountain, and the beach stop and snorkeling was short but very fun and enjoyable.

We agree the trip back is a bit redundant, and will probably look to taking a boat back if we do a similar excursion in the future. Oir driver was not overly talkative, but we still learned a lot. The food choices offered a fair opportunity to see what the island has to offer, and everyone in our trip went back to the ship full and smiling. We really want to get one of those Blue Vans to follow us on our future driving vacations!

For the price, this is a great experience, a 7 hour tour - all the drinks you want - all the food you can eat - and a beautifuli island!

Just got back from our vacation and Cosol Tours was the best part. Very well organized (yes a little long at the end) but it was a great time. We had Yellow Bird as our guide (Cosols brother). He was informative and funny. The food was good, the bread stop was great and the drinks were flowing. We would defintely book with him again.

Considering Cosol for our excursion in St. Lucia. Will this hold the interest of a 14 and 12 year old? They would love to zipline, but I can't afford to pay that much, especially since we will zipline in NC later in the summer for half the cost. So, would Cosol tours be fun for this age?

We really enjoyed the Cosol tour. There were many cool things that i think any teen would enjoy. The boat trip, the banana farm, the food buffet, the beach time, volcano, mud bath, waterfall.

An earlier post said they didn't go into the mud bath. Not sure if this is common, but we had 1/2 of our van mates, jump into the mud baths and had pleanty of time to do it. cosol is a very good excursion. A great model for other islands and operators.

• 3 weeks later...

We are booked to go with Cosol at the end of May. I have two questions: 1) Do they serve you lunch or is it just food sampling along the way? If so, what does the lunch consist of. 2) Does anyone have information about catching a speedboat back to the ship instead of taking the van?

We are booked to go with Cosol at the end of May. I have two questions: 1) Do they serve you lunch or is it just food sampling along the way? If so, what does the lunch consist of. 2) Does anyone have information about catching a speedboat back to the ship instead of taking the van?

I am curious about the boat back too. We're not booked until February 2015 so I'm still researching.....

I don't believe Cosol has a boat back. We are also booked with him at the end of May. My original intent was to book Herod as we had used him previously and he has a boat. However, I sent three or four different emails and never got a response so I booked with Cosol.

I would love a boat back to the boat.

I don't remember a lunch, but there is a big sample table part way. Then on the way back(not by boat) you stop at a bakery & you get this amazing homemade bread & cheese!!! We were not hungry. You will not regret taking this tour! We really enjoyed it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We took the Cosol tour in 2010 - loved it! Will more than likely book with them again for our October Valor cruise. However, the website now says there are mud baths at one of the stops as well as a botanical garden. Are these new stops on their tour? We did not see those last time.

• 1 month later...

Someone mentioned the mud bath was an extra charge....was the waterfall piece an extra charge? Did you have enough time to get a picture standing near / in the waterfall?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Kristina2014

On our Cosol tour, their was no extra charge to go into the mud bath or to walk under the waterfall. You don't have "lots of extra time" but we did get enough for anyone who wanted, to take advantage of both. They send you in the exit to avoid the lines and ticket booths. It is handled by your driver.

Are the mud bath and waterfall portions new to the Cosol tour? We toured with them in 2011 and these stops weren't included in the tour. Just curious as we are considering this tour again.

We booked for next month and were told about these two stops when he emailed us our tour description.

We did this tour last week and the mudbath and waterfall were included, no extra charge. Also included was the boat ride to and from the beach. Some people complain about the bus ride back to the port from Jalouise Beach, its not bad...in fact there are several other stops along the way.

We did this tour last week and the mudbath and waterfall were included, no extra charge. Also included was the boat ride to and from the beach. Some people complain about the bus ride back to the port from Jalouise Beach, its not bad...in fact there are several other stops along the way.

Great thank you for sharing your experience!! What were your thoughts for the beach..was it nice for snorkeling and swimming? Also if you don't mind... Did you have enough time at the waterfall to take pics and swim?

Great thank you for sharing your experience!! What were your thoughts for the beach..was it nice for snorkeling and swimming? Also if you don't mind... Did you have enough time at the waterfall to take pics and swim?

We were there a few weeks ago and the beach between the Pitons was by far the worst of all the beaches we saw that week. It's picturesque (because of the pitons) but it was full of sea grass on the bottom. There is a roped off section to swim in and right on the other side of the rope there were dozens of dead fish. A local told us there is a problem on that beach with fireworms and they were killing the fish. The whole beach smelled fishy. It was more like a lake. Very dissapointing. I did not like it at all and was glad we were only there for a short time. However, to the far right (when facing the water) there was excellent snorkeling. Lots of colorful fish. As far as the waterfall....we were there about a half an hour. So sufficient time to take pics and jump in for a swim. The water was so cold but refreshing!

We were there a few weeks ago and the beach between the Pitons was by far the worst of all the beaches we saw that week. It's picturesque (because of the pitons) but it was full of sea grass on the bottom. There is a roped off section to swim in and right on the other side of the rope there were dozens of dead fish. A local told us there is a problem on that beach with fireworms and they were killing the fish. The whole beach smelled fishy. It was more like a lake. Very dissapointing. I did not like it at all and was glad we were only there for a short time. However, to the far right (when facing the water) there was excellent snorkeling. Lots of colorful fish. As far as the waterfall....we were there about a half an hour. So sufficient time to take pics and jump in for a swim. The water was so cold but refreshing!

Thanks again for

the info... I will advise the kids and hubby to stay to the far right!!!!😱around what time did the tour get you back to the ship?

We've been there several times and the beach has never been our favorite either. I could skip that part of the tour. Other than that, we thoroughly enjoy his tour. Love the waterfall! Have never done the mud bath. That hasn't been an option for us as of yet.