Irons on the Allure

dsmith8451

Um, I think you meant to post your inquiry on the Royal Caribbean boards but to answer your question, there are no irons Onboard and it is not permitted to bring one. We brought a portable steamer and it worked out well!

On Celebrity steamers are forbidden items also, don't know about Royal.

Steamers or irons are not allowed onboard. However, there is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available onboard for a reasonable rate.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+%26+Stateroom+Details&faqId=3183&faqSubjectId=70

Just a quick question, anyone know if there're irons to be use on the Allure. My DW would love to know or are there a place she could go to iron a few items once on board. Thank You in advance!

If I have something that needs ironing when I am on a ship I have a rum and coke, I then look and see if is still wrinkled, if it is then I have another rum and coke. I keep reaping this until I no longer see any thing that needs ironing.

When we get our luggage, I quickly check to see what needs ironing. Bagging it up is easy, and all is ironed in a day, for 1/2 the cost of the same item being cleaned. I'll bring brand new shirts for DH, still folded and pinned from the store and just remove the pins--saves me a heck of a lot of time!!

What I do is iron my shirts and pants before packing, mainly to get a nice crease. When you un pack there will be some wrinkles. We bring a bottle filled with just a bunch of bounce sheets rolled up inside. Fill that with water and you have “wrinkle free” spray. I’ll spray everything real good on the first day and that usually works fine. I was surprised how good this works. Also if you spray and hang your shirt in the bathroom while you shower, then it gets steamed. If that doesn’t work, then send it out for ironing.

When we did the Express Check Off on the Freedom of the Seas last month. They had 2 huge tables of irons they had taken from cruises boarding the ship the day we left port.

I was told they x-ray all luggage and put them in piles. Luggage cleared goes to your room. Those with Iron's in their luggage goes into another pile.

They do take irons from you and do not allow them on board.

Just have your room steward take them to be iron if you need ironing. Or just look like the rest of us.

On Celebrity steamers are forbidden items also, don't know about Royal.

Steamers or irons are not allowed onboard. However, there is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available onboard for a reasonable rate.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+%26+Stateroom+Details&faqId=3183&faqSubjectId=70

Really? I read Celebrity's website on what not to pack and the cruise contract. There's no mention of steamers. Care to explain?

If you mention "steamers" to anyone here in Southeastern New England, you are talking about soft shelled clams, lightly steamed, served with their cooking broth and melted butter. They are quite tasty.

Why would you want to bring these on a cruise?

If I have something that needs ironing when I am on a ship I have a rum and coke, I then look and see if is still wrinkled, if it is then I have another rum and coke. I keep reaping this until I no longer see any thing that needs ironing.

Best. Idea. Ever!

If you mention "steamers" to anyone here in Southeastern New England, you are talking about soft shelled clams, lightly steamed, served with their cooking broth and melted butter. They are quite tasty.

Why would you want to bring these on a cruise?

I don't see any grin or wink or anything, so I'm going to assume this is a serious question.

Steamers, in the context of this discussion, are a hand-held appliance meant for removing wrinkles from clothing, not by application of a heated metal plate (as a conventional iron does) but by emitting steam only (much like a conventional iron can also do).

http://www.amazon.com/Conair-Extreme-Hand-Fabric-Steamer/dp/B006CR9KGA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347645013&sr=8-2&keywords=clothes+steamer

http://www.amazon.com/Jiffy-Steamer-0601-ESTEAM-Travel/dp/B0018ZHHS4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1347645013&sr=8-6&keywords=clothes+steamer

BTW, I'm in CT (which I would consider Southeastern New England)... I would only think of clams if we were having a discussion about food.

Just a quick question, anyone know if there're irons to be use on the Allure. My DW would love to know or are there a place she could go to iron a few items once on board. Thank You in advance!

No and no. Sorry for the bad news.....

Really? I read Celebrity's website on what not to pack and the cruise contract. There's no mention of steamers. Care to explain?

Use the search feature on their website and type in steamers. You get this.

Are steamers allowed onboard?

Every RCCL cruise we have been on we bring a clothes steamer, it has never been confiscated.

Here is list of prohibited items from their website:

Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned..

Prohibited items:

Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.

Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)

Illegal Drugs & Substances

Candles & Incense

Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates

Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows

Illegal Drugs

Skateboards & Surfboards

Martial Arts Gear

Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.

Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.

HAM Radios

Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.

Alcoholic Beverages (Note: Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived