Reduced Fare Credit

critcatny

I just booked a few days ago an inside room with french door/obstructed view for Nov 6, 2012. I paid the whole thing in full since it was already within the 75 days. Now that room is $100 less for 2 and I called but was told that there is nothing they can do for me. Upgrades only, no credits.

Anyone else ever have any luck with this situation and get an obc when the room price went down?

Thanks

I just booked a few days ago an inside room with french door/obstructed view for Nov 6, 2012. I paid the whole thing in full since it was already within the 75 days. Now that room is $100 less for 2 and I called but was told that there is nothing they can do for me. Upgrades only, no credits.

Anyone else ever have any luck with this situation and get an obc when the room price went down?

Thanks

that's been the Policy for quite some time. Unless you book "Early Saver" you cannot get fare adjustments after your Final Payment Deadline Date. UNLESS - you found the lower fare w/in 48 hours of booking, then you could get 110% of the difference under the 110% Price Protection Guarantee - but you have to have foiund the lower fare and apply during the 48 hour window. ken

One of the changes Carnival did a couple of years back. .. then started ES fare later giving one fare with price drops.. no price drops with any other fare unless you are within 48 hours of booking.

klgorb or some name like that last night posted you must be old and crabby if you dont like all the changes.

I say .. I must fit the bill, because I dont like all the changes.. especially the end to price drops on all rates. Most people on these boards dont seem to even remember you used to get price drops on all rates.

I made the call regarding the lower price found within 2 days. I just now left a message for my Carnival Rep as to why he didn't tell me I could get the obc through the Guarantee Price Policy. We'll see what happens

Technically you are supposed to fill-out and submit the 110% Price Protection form, but if you called within the 48 hour window and asked about getting a price drop, they should have told you this and I think they should now give it to you - you may have to be persistent and you may have to go through a Supervisor (or two). Post your results? Ken

One of the changes Carnival did a couple of years back. .. then started ES fare later giving one fare with price drops.. no price drops with any other fare unless you are within 48 hours of booking.

klgorb or some name like that last night posted you must be old and crabby if you dont like all the changes.

I say .. I must fit the bill, because I dont like all the changes.. especially the end to price drops on all rates. Most people on these boards dont seem to even remember you used to get price drops on all rates.

I feel like I missed something ... if you simply book past guest are you not allowed ANY price drops past the 48 hours? If so, when did this go into effect?

I know that we booked a cruise in January for July of 2012. Our room was able to book Early Saver, but the only room available for our son and his family of 4 was through the past guest price. Their price dropped by $385 before their final payment date and we called and received the discount, because it was before final payment.

So, if I'm reading your comment correctly ... the only way to get a price drop is now to book Early Saver or apply for the drop within 48 hours of booking.

Thanks

I feel like I missed something ... if you simply book past guest are you not allowed ANY price drops past the 48 hours? If so, when did this go into effect?

I know that we booked a cruise in January for July of 2012. Our room was able to book Early Saver, but the only room available for our son and his family of 4 was through the past guest price. Their price dropped by $385 before their final payment date and we called and received the discount, because it was before final payment.

So, if I'm reading your comment correctly ... the only way to get a price drop is now to book Early Saver or apply for the drop within 48 hours of booking.

I was responding to the OP, not generically. OP booked for a cruise and is already past final payment, so whatever rate they would have booked cannot get price drops.

Yes, in the case of if you book before final payment, you would get all price drops.

I could tell by the date of OPs cruise, they were past final payment. .. plus they said so in their post.

Archived