Puerto Monnt and Puerto Chacabuco

Cosmic Rays

We also used Patagonia Shorex tours (Jaime Liebrecht's company) at Puerto Montt to Petrohue Falls. We stopped on the way back at Puerto Varas and had lunch at a small local restaurant. The guide arranged this (no pressure) and we chose off the menu which he then rang through. The restaurant was in the residential area at the back of a house - where the locals go. It was excellent food and very cheap. The car was almost new and very comfortable. Jaime met all his tour groups back at the ship which was a nice touch and gave us each a small bottle of Malbec. We paid a deposit but then the rest after the tour.

• 2 months later...

We were in Puerto Chacabuco three years ago on NCL Sun, and did not take a ship's excursion or book a tour in advance. We left the ship very early, walked out to the pier, and negotiated a price with a driver of a large van (inside the gates) for 12 of us for what we wanted to see. Extremely scenic area with lots of mountains, streams and waterfalls We ended up doing the same tour as the ship's for about one fifth of the price.

do you have any contact details for Ann Henderman and Denis Purtov

regarding Patagonia shorex,was worried regarding their cancellation fees and having to pay a large deposit?

enpatagonia@gmail.com Anne Hedderman

denis.purtov@gmail.com

I just checked my email addresses and found them for you. Both were excellent guides and Anne is a American living in Chile and Denis was born and raised in Chile.

• 2 months later...

We used enPatagonia and the experience was excellent. Great tour and great tour guide. A highlight was the lunch and entertainment at the farm. Take good footwear such as gortex hikers if you have them. You'll be doing some walking over grassy terrain and gravel.

Has anybody good tour experiences from either of these ports that can be recommended as opposed to those offered by HAL please?

Funny you should post as my wife on I were the only NON HAL passengers on an excursion with;

http://www.interpatagonia.com/contacto/21505-i

we contacted them separately and paid 1/2 the HAL cost. great folks.

cruisinbob

Archived