Three and four day cruises

Monte, the 3-4 cruises are harder on the ships because they are party cruises, particularly the 3-day weekend cruises. People drink more, spill more, hurl more, put their cigarettes out in the carpet more, etc. Let's not even discuss what they do more of in their staterooms!:eek:

I've been on about the same number of 3/4 day cruises as 7 day. Other that the drinking more I haven't noticed any difference in spilling, hurling, or cigarettes on the carpets. And the cabins appear to be in about the same condition. Guess I've been lucky.

-Monte

We love the Monarch. It is a good ship for a short getaway. I love getting those extraa RCCL points for a three/four day cruise. Since we can't take too much vacation, Monarch serves a good purpose. BTW, the crew on the Monarch is absolutely fabulous. We've been on many ships recently, but the Monarch crew is the best, next to the Radiance OTS!

I've been on about the same number of 3/4 day cruises as 7 day. Other that the drinking more I haven't noticed any difference in spilling, hurling, or cigarettes on the carpets. And the cabins appear to be in about the same condition. Guess I've been lucky.

-Monte

Monte: HONESTLY, how MUCH more drinking is there REALLY on a 3 or 4 day? So far, all of our cruises have been 7 days on a Voyager class ship.

Carol

We love the Monarch. It is a good ship for a short getaway. I love getting those extraa RCCL points for a three/four day cruise. Since we can't take too much vacation, Monarch serves a good purpose. BTW, the crew on the Monarch is absolutely fabulous. We've been on many ships recently, but the Monarch crew is the best, next to the Radiance OTS!

I'm very happy to read your comments, because my 2 daughters and I will be on the 4-day Monarch cruise next March! :)

My wife and I have been on 6 RCCL cruises. We recently went on the Sovereign in March right after the upgrade. Although we had a great time we didn't like the short cruise ONLY ONLY ONLY because with no sea days there just isn't enough time to enjoy the whole ship and still visit the Port of calls. We have 4 more booked over the next 16 months and do not plan to go any shorter than a 7 night due to us liking to see the whole ship.

I live in southern California so the three and four day trip to Ensenada on the Monarch works great and it is booking like crazy. Monarch works but we need a radiance class ship out here. Vision does the seven day Mexico trip but it sure would be nice if a radiance or voyager ship could do the seven day Mexico and the Vision the three and four day trips.

Robin

The Vision USED to do the 3 and 4 day Baja cruises. Then they changed it to do the 7 night, and the Monarch came in and does the 3 - 4 day now.

-Monte

Me too :D

My wife and I have been on 6 RCCL cruises. We recently went on the Sovereign in March right after the upgrade. Although we had a great time we didn't like the short cruise ONLY ONLY ONLY because with no sea days there just isn't enough time to enjoy the whole ship and still visit the Port of calls. We have 4 more booked over the next 16 months and do not plan to go any shorter than a 7 night due to us liking to see the whole ship.

LOL, I have to give you points for effort. I thought the same thing, but honestly, you will find that on a 7 day cruise, you're just learning your way around ... getting used to the idea of cruising ... thennnnn they go and tell you that you have to disembark. The week will fly by. Thhhhhhen you'll say that in order to combat this, you must book a 14 day cruise. But seriously that doesn't help either.

I swear its like there is some weird space-time-continuoum while onboard a ship! :D

Archived