Hong Kong dim sum restaurants

treesah

Quite a few listed at cruiseportwiki dot com. Maxim's City Hall is recommended for views and being tourist friendly. Tim Ho Wan is considered the cheapest one Michelin star restaurant, few locations around. In general, any busy restaurant is a good sign.

There's a few places in Hong Kong that I've found over the years that I can recommend.

The apltly titled Dim Sum should not be overlooked. You need to book, because they get that busy, but their food is amazing.

Tim Ho Wan is good, although it has become a bit trendy with locals the last few trips (and in fact while googling for URLs for this post found it mentioned in this article as one of the top ten places in HK)

Choi Lung Restaurant is a bit out of the way, but it's fantastic.

And while you specifically asked about Dim Sum, I couldn't post my Hong Kong favourites without mentioning Chan Kan Kee. Their soy braised goose is famous in HK for good reason.

If you are in Hong Kong at the bottom of the Pacific Mall there is a great one it is listed in Fodors recommendations it was excellent. Large place.

In Kowloon their is one that we ate in it's Shanghai franchise that has an outlet in the Ocean Terminal I think it is called the Pearl. The Hyatt has an excellent Dim Sum and is very clean and nice surroundings.

We'll be spending some time in Hong Kong prior and post cruise. Would love to get a list of your favorites.

We very much enjoyed dim sum at Serenade Restaurant in the HK Cultural Centre. Great food and fantastic views over the harbour! We also had vegetarian dim sum at Chi Lin Nunnery. The setting was spectacular but the food was nothing special.

If you want a truly sensational and absolutlely traditional Hong Kong Dim Sum experience go to Lin Heung Tea House at 160 Wellington St Central. I work in HK several weeks each year and have been taken here a few times by locals. They say it has been around for ever; the atmosphere and the food are fabulous. I disagree with those who recommend Maxims now; whereas it was once harbour side, the land reclamation around it makes it now rather inland and noisy consequently I would not recommend.

Do a google IMAGE search for Lin Hueng Tea House and you will start to strongly anticipate :D

I live in Sydney now, but grew up in Hong Kong, and have visited HK every couple of years.

I would recommend Lin Heung Kui - an offshoot of Lin Heung Tea House. Very authentic food, old-fashioned decor, and diners share a table (like in very traditional dim sum restaurants). Have recommended this to many Australian and European friends; they all love the food and the experience.

Here is a tripadvisor link. I'm looking forward to dining there on our next trip!

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g294217-d2529489-Reviews-Lin_Heung_Kui_Dim_Sum_Restaurant-Hong_Kong.html

Another really nice one is Luk Yu Tea House (Central):

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g294217-d1546043-Reviews-Luk_Yu_Tea_House-Hong_Kong.html

Enjoy!

Archived