New Menu Food Pics! Here they are!

lglancy

but it's worse than I feared...what is this?? http://s1070.photobucket.com/albums/u498/cruiserlori/?action=view&current=282_zps31954b6d.jpg&mediafilter=noflash

It's advertised as " fish, seafood and chips" in your pic and also on the other menus posted here on CC. Can you clarify what they did here? Is that fried seafood laid on top of mashed potatoes? Was the fried food completely mush? I don't see anything here resembling "chips" ?

Looks like "chips" = tater tots....or maybe those are scallops, or mystery seafood?

It also looks like an entree I'd stay away from:D Fried seafood on top of mashed potato's? No thanks.

Looks good. I do have one question. Was this the date that was given for the new menu on the freedom

We are on the 11/10 sailing of the liberty. Which is the first sailing back in Florida. However the dates that someone posted shows that the new menu won't start until the following sailing (nov 15). Hoping maybe they start a little early or at least maybe try a few of the things during our sailing

I think this menu debuted one week later than it should. I think this was the third sailing with the new menu. Either menu is really good, but I know how excited I was to get to try the new menu. Enjoy!

Was there powdered or liquid creamer at the coffee station? And do ou remember if there are "flavored" creamers?:confused:

Yes I'd like to know that also.

It's been awhile since I've cruised RccL, when did they switch over to paper cups w/lids at the coffee station, I think that's great. I've always hated trying to walk around with those tiny plastic cups, coffee sloshing out and the coffee gets cold really fast.

Yes I'd like to know that also.

It's been awhile since I've cruised RccL, when did they switch over to paper cups w/lids at the coffee station, I think that's great. I've always hated trying to walk around with those tiny plastic cups, coffee sloshing out and the coffee gets cold really fast.

Me too. That is why I always pack my insulated travel mug! I love having a big cup of tea in the morning, and it travels well -- no sloshing!!

Me too. That is why I always pack my insulated travel mug! I love having a big cup of tea in the morning, and it travels well -- no sloshing!!

I always have to bring my Hazelnut creamer (liquid not powder). I've always purchased it after arriving in Florida from LA. Last cruise the shuttle bus driver was so kind as to stop at a local market so I could purchase it, I tipped the driver $20 for the stop and then again at the drop off :D. Everyone got out of the shuttle van and went last minute shopping. I'm thinking I'll just pack a couple of bottles in a cold pack container (if I can find one small enough). I hope that's not against airline regulations :eek:.

mmmm coffee w/hazelnut creamer @ 5am walking the ship :cool:

What is on the steak in the surf and turf picture?

How was the lasagna? It doesn't even really look like lasagna??

Maggie

the surf and turf has one large shrimp in a cream sauce on top of the steak. I thought it looked pretty skimpy when it came out, but DH gave me his shrimp, and I couldn't finish it.

DH said lasagna was very good, but had so much meat in it that he picked most of it out. I should have taken a picture of the huge pile of meat that was left when he was finished! :)

but it's worse than I feared...what is this??

http://s1070.photobucket.com/albums/u498/cruiserlori/?action=view&current=282_zps31954b6d.jpg&mediafilter=noflash

It's advertised as " fish, seafood and chips" in your pic and also on the other menus posted here on CC. Can you clarify what they did here? Is that fried seafood laid on top of mashed potatoes? Was the fried food completely mush? I don't see anything here resembling "chips" ?

You're right, no chips to be had. I was a little leary of ordering this, as I'm not a huge fried seafood fan, especially fish, but I love shrimp and scallops, so I wanted to give it a shot. I actually really liked this dish a lot. The fish was delicious, and the sauce as well. It is strange to be served with mashed potatoes, but it all went down pretty well. I found the scallops to be slightly tough, but I would order this again.

Did the room service menu change as well?

it seemed to be the same one I remember from over the years, and the same one posted on the boards. It has a caesar salad, mediterranean chicken salad, honey stung chicken, a roast beef sub, turkey panini, and pizza. We enjoyed it very much.

Thank you for posting the pictures. The food looks yummy. However, now I'll have to read the menu instead of ordering from memory.

Was there different food in the Windjammer too?

I know what you mean about having to relearn it! Honestly, we only ate lunch in the Windjammer once, and it seemed to be the usual stuff.

We were on that sailing as well. I really liked the new menu and the food, but I love seafood. My husband (who does not) was a little disappointed. Although he did say the lamb that he had was reallllly good! The best part for me was escargot every night!! The first night I told our waiter Calbert (great guy from Jamaica) that I wanted "escargot I'm so glad it's back." It was a running joke all week because I had it 5 of the 7 nights. LOL

the surf and turf has one large shrimp in a cream sauce on top of the steak. I thought it looked pretty skimpy when it came out, but DH gave me his shrimp, and I couldn't finish it.

DH said lasagna was very good, but had so much meat in it that he picked most of it out. I should have taken a picture of the huge pile of meat that was left when he was finished! :)

Oh. I thought the shrimp part of the surf and turf was the shrimp in the top left corner of the picture.

Maggie

Is there a schedule showing when the new menu is going to be in place on other ships? We are sailing on the Navigator 11/3 (TA out of Barcelona) and are hoping against hope. We were on the reverse TA last April and the food was the worst we've ever had! Friends talked us into giving the ship one more chance, and we have so much fun with them, we decided to try it. Quite frankly, a Carnival cruise we went on in August was better!

OMG. I just found this thread and browsed the photos. The meals look totally colourless and univitiing. I am so disappointed!!

Sorry folks!

I agree - with the exception of a few...

but it also looked to be very small portions - and the seafood? didn't look all that great.

OP: thank you very much for taking the time to take the pictures and post them here for us to review.

Archived