Final Payment Double Charge???

DRA

When I recently received my credit card statement and I noticed I was double charged on the final payment. I called my travel agent and was notified that they are no longer employed with the company. The travel agent I talked with seemed lost. She called me back the next and said that NCL would refund all but $98 and the travel company would send a check for the remainder. Sounded a little weird, but oh well. Three weeks no check, so I called them back. The second "lost" girl is nowhere to be found, so I talked to Joe. He checked and called me back the next day and left a message that NCL already refunded the entire overcharge. I can't get hold of Joe and NCL will not talk about this with me. Is my only remedy to dispute the charge with my credit card company? Will this affect my cruise? Anyone had anything like this happen?

That is rediculous. NCL should talk to you. Ask to speak with a supervisor and go over the payments.

We could call this "The tale of the missing TAs":(

Remember, it is your cruise and your money.

I would call your CC company and dispute the charge. I'm not sure how other companies handle it, but American Express always puts a temporary credit on my account for the disputed amount (I think it's like for 90 days to allow time for it to get resolved). Otherwise they will be holding you responsible for making payment on the 2nd charge. It may take awhile for you to get credited.

The great thing about Amex has been that when I have been incorrectly charged, THEY contacted the merchants and resolved the issues. Once, a merchant did not respond to their inquiries for back up proof on a mistaken charge, so they took the money back from the merchant as well as crediting me.

First, were the duplicate charges posted from NCL or the agency. If they were from NCL, the reverse settlement should be coming from them directly back to your card. Because of service charges from the Credit Card company, often between 1.5 to 2% it is rare that an agency will run it on their own merchant account. If you have duplicate charges that are posted by NCL contact NCL directly. If you get any grief, I would recommend you e-mail Susan Cockburn at NCL. Her e-mail address is scockburn@ncl.com She is stellar and will follow up for you immediately. In the event the agency settled your account, I would ask for the agency owner. If it is a large on-line agency, please drop me a note and I will see if I can help you out. My e-mail addy is in my profile.

Cheers.....Gene

I would take care that having one charge in the refund process and going forward with desputing a charge doesn't leave you with no final payment on your cruise. You wouldn't want that hassle on top of the current one.:) (Losing your cruise, plus being charged late cancellation penalties...eek)

It does take awhile for a cruise line refund to be processed.

If you were in final payment range and 3 weeks has passed since then, I would be wanting a few answers, as well. The duplicate charges are from NCL, not the TA, correct?

I would contact NCL and explain your lost TA troubles and just try to get the numbers verified.

Good Luck!

I would take care that having one charge in the refund process and going forward with desputing a charge doesn't leave you with no final payment on your cruise. You wouldn't want that hassle on top of the current one.:) (Losing your cruise, plus being charged late cancellation penalties...eek)

It does take awhile for a cruise line refund to be processed.

If you were in final payment range and 3 weeks has passed since then, I would be wanting a few answers, as well. The duplicate charges are from NCL, not the TA, correct?

I would contact NCL and explain your lost TA troubles and just try to get the numbers verified.

Good Luck!

This is a concern of mine. All charges are from NCL. I contacted my credit card and I am disputing one final payment charge and the partial credit. I hope this works. I have left three messeges with the TA, he has not returned any.

I just settled a duplicate charge problem with my TA's Accounting Department. It all started on April 1st, when I submitted my credit card information for final payment. What confused the issue was that I was also putting my daughter's cabin on my card, to save her a inconvenient trip to her credit union, and for me there was the benefit of her charge on my NCL Mastercard. What I didn't count on was a duplicate charge for her cabin!

After 10 days, my TA sent me an email asking me to fax a copy of my credit card and driver's license to their Accounting office, before they could approve the extra cabin on my card. Since I do not have a fax, I made a couple of rather low quality copies, and mailed them, clarifying any numbers which may not have been clearly legible. About a week later, I got an apologetic email from my TA, asking for me to redo the submission. This time I went to Staples, and paid extra money to have quality copies made and faxed. What bugged me the most at the time, was that not even my own cabin was approved for the charge. The good news was I missed one billing cycle on my card. I finally got confirmation that both cabin payments had been cleared. This took about 30 days.

When I went to look at my online credit card statement, I was surprised to see that not only my daugter's cabin appeared as one charge, but the combination of both cabins appeared as another. I called my TA, and explained the situation, and she again apologized for them, and vouched to get it taken care of. Two days late, the Accounting Dept. sent word through the TA that I needed to fax them a copy of my confirmation letter. I went off the wall, and refused to do that, as all that info was in their computer, they printed the da--ed thing. They also said they had called my credit card company and they could not find a duplicate charge. Of course they wouldn't, one was for one cabin and the other was for two, just as I had explained.

When the TA could not get it settled, she asked for help from her supervisor, who took over and did get it done, but he said it would take a few days, and it did. Overall it took 42 days to get the two cabins paid for, and yesterday we did receive our E-Docs.

This was not fun, and it's too bad, as I have enjoyed working with my TA. Not sure what the future will hold, but I do hold grudges, especially with incompetent types. I have a detailed letter set to go to a VP, and will be interested in hearing what he has to say.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I too have a letter ready to go to the TA's company. I guess you get what you pay for. I searched online for the cheapest price and this is what I got. Live and learn. I'm just hoping that disputing the second charge and the partial credit will not effect my cruise. I probably should have waited to take care of this after the cruise. I guess I will just keep checking the NCL website to make sure we are still in the system.

OK, you have the charges directly from NCL. Thus NCL is the "merchant of Record". Thus NCL MUST work with you directly to solve this problem. Again, I suggest a call to Susan Cockburn followed by an e-mail to quickly get this resolved. In all probability the "check" people are talking about is the commission check back to the agent. Dispute of the charge may even make it a bigger problem when it comes to settlement.

G

OK, you have the charges directly from NCL. Thus NCL is the "merchant of Record". Thus NCL MUST work with you directly to solve this problem. Again, I suggest a call to Susan Cockburn followed by an e-mail to quickly get this resolved. In all probability the "check" people are talking about is the commission check back to the agent. Dispute of the charge may even make it a bigger problem when it comes to settlement.

G

I emailed her last night. Some one from her office called TODAY and talked with my wife. He told my wife they are very concerned about this and would call me back in a few days. Thanks for the help.

That is great news that you have some action. I can assure you that once it is on Susan's screen it will get resolved. Unfortunately because of the relationship between agencies and "Travel Vendors" they try to walk a fine line. The key is the charge was made by NCL, so they are the merchant and they WILL do the right thing. I know that NCL may not always do what we want them to do, but in general I have seen them error on the side of the customer. Please keep us updated.

G

Well.......it's been a week since I was contacted by NCL and no news. I was hopping they might resolve this fast. Oh well. The TA finally called me back and left a message on my machine. Of course, when I called him back I had to leave a message and didn't get a call back.

Archived