Boston new England/ Canadian Cruise?

Kim Fontaine

Is it possible while doing a carnival Glory Boston departure new England canadian Cruise to embark in Portland on monday rather than Boston on Sunday: I know i would be expected to debark in Boston on return > I know this is done when you "miss the boat" but is it possible to do for other reasons?

You must clear it with the cruise line.

Do not assume you could show up in Portland saying so sorry you missed the ship in Boston and expect you automatically will be permitted to board. You well may not be.

Written permission (e-mail) from the cruise line is the only way to go.

Is it possible while doing a carnival Glory Boston departure new England canadian Cruise to embark in Portland on monday rather than Boston on Sunday: I know i would be expected to debark in Boston on return > I know this is done when you "miss the boat" but is it possible to do for other reasons?

I believe you will not be given permission to do what you want.

What you say is not true as this would not be done if you missed the boat. You would not be permitted to embark in Portland.

It is a violation of the Passenger Vessel Services Act to embark on a foreign flagged ship in one US port and disembark in a different US port without stopping in a distant (not in North America) foreign port.

Scott & Karen

Archived