Breeze 30 minute shows, are they worth it?

granni10

I dont know if that is a exaggeration or not. I will be on conquest and magic by next week and see for myself.

I know the new welcome show was cut shorter.. maybe thats where the rumors started from.

Until I see them cut .. then Ill believe it.

You state it as if its fact .. but who knows. I know the new welcome show is shorter, but not the others.

I have yet to be on a ship that did not have a live band for shows.

Why have they cut the shows to 30 minutes> They spend more time on Bingo. Does Butch do a welome aboard show? Is that 30 minutes also? Do the shows have a live band? What shows are worth going to?

Thanks

Yes, most of the Breeze reviews talk about the 30 mins shows. The majority of the feedback has been positive.

I dont know if that is a exaggeration or not. I will be on conquest and magic by next week and see for myself.

I know the new welcome show was cut shorter.. maybe thats where the rumors started from.

Until I see them cut .. then Ill believe it.

You state it as if its fact .. but who knows. I know the new welcome show is shorter, but not the others.

I have yet to be on a ship that did not have a live band for shows.

Yes, most of the Breeze reviews talk about the 30 mins shows. The majority of the feedback has been positive.

I remember JH even talked or mentioned that they were cut shorter on the Breeze. Have read good reviews about them but will see come November.

I wouldn't be bothered by shorter shows. In fact, by the end of some of the current shows, I've been ready to leave for about 10-15 minutes...:o

As to why Carnival may be cutting the shows short, I can think of one reason: $$$MONEY$$$. Shorter shows cut on production costs, plus it makes passengers spend more time out and about on the ship spending money gambling, buying drinks etc, instead of sitting at a theater not generating any revenue for the cruise line.

Only saw 2 of the 4 shows (motor city and divas) and found them very enjoyable. They run longer than the 30 minutes because they have some form of audience participation before hand. With the shorter shows they have the ability to run them several times during the cruise so if you miss it once you have the chance to catch it later. Also found they werent as crowded so getting a better seat is possible. Granted this was on a 12 day sailing so I am not sure how it will work on the shorted sailings when the Breeze gets to the US. They also give you a schedule of the shows at the begiining of the cruise so you can plan.

This was the press release from last year

http://carnival-news.com/2011/10/26/carnival-cruise-lines-to-debut-electrifying-%E2%80%98playlist-productions%E2%80%99-entertainment-concept-on-carnival-breeze/

Playlist Productions will be about 30 minutes in length and will be offered more frequently and on multiple days compared to Carnival’s current revues. Typically, three shows will be featured on show nights — two performances of one show and one of another. A variety of performance times, including matinees, will be offered, providing guests with greater flexibility in their entertainment options.

Initially, four Playlist Productions are planned, each exploring a different musical genre. “Divas” is a captivating mix of music, fashion, and dance and features such popular “one-name” female artists as Barbra, Beyonce, Celine, Cher, Madonna and Whitney. “Latin Nights” brings the passionate Latin culture to life through the fusion music of Gloria Estefan, Enrique Iglesias, Jennifer Lopez, Santana and Shakira. “Motor City” celebrates the R&B Motown sound of the 1960s and ‘70s, with hits from the Commodores, Lionel Richie, Martha and the Vandellas, Marvin Gaye, The Supremes and Stevie Wonder. “The Brits!” is a colorful musical tribute to the British invasion featuring a stunning mix of live action and animation and songs by The Beatles, The Who, Herman’s Hermits and Elton John.

On the recent Breeze cruise, we skipped Motorcity (could not find a night we were free when it was on) but saw the others. Brits I did not care for, I was with my mom and we felt like the music was too old for me and too young for her. Divas was good, I enjoyed the music (Lady Gaga, Rihanna, etc. as that's what I listen to) and Mom liked the scenery and costumes. Both of us loved Latin Nights, it was awesome! All three shows went about 30-35 mins. They are really hi-energy and with lots of hi-tech lighting and sound effects. And yes, there was a live show band.

The short times really worked well for us as we were were on a very port-intensive itinerary in the Mediterranean with early starts on all the port days. So the shorter the better! One tip - go early if you can. For the Latin Nights and Divas shows, we had people standing in the aisles as all the seats were taken.

Not on our cruise. They do rotate the shows, each show was repeated 4x during the cruise. They mix and match the shows, so it's 2 different shows most nights. On some nights (it was a 12-night cruise) it was only one, usually at 7:30. For the nights with 2 shows, they were at 8:30 and 10:30.

Not on our cruise. They do rotate the shows, each show was repeated 4x during the cruise. They mix and match the shows, so it's 2 different shows most nights. On some nights (it was a 12-night cruise) it was only one, usually at 7:30. For the nights with 2 shows, they were at 8:30 and 10:30.

Thanks, I was looking at the fun times from the inaugural cruise and on a sea day they had a 5pm 7:30 and 10pm show

http://johnhealdsblog.com/funtimes/2012-06-15/Carnival%20Breeze/6-08%20Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20Sea%20Day%202.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
On the recent Breeze cruise, we skipped Motorcity (could not find a night we were free when it was on) but saw the others. Brits I did not care for, I was with my mom and we felt like the music was too old for me and too young for her. Divas was good, I enjoyed the music (Lady Gaga, Rihanna, etc. as that's what I listen to) and Mom liked the scenery and costumes. Both of us loved Latin Nights, it was awesome! All three shows went about 30-35 mins. They are really hi-energy and with lots of hi-tech lighting and sound effects. And yes, there was a live show band.

The short times really worked well for us as we were were on a very port-intensive itinerary in the Mediterranean with early starts on all the port days. So the shorter the better! One tip - go early if you can. For the Latin Nights and Divas shows, we had people standing in the aisles as all the seats were taken.

Thanks for sharing, will be interesting to see how they tweak the shows once the ship starts its Caribbean sailings.

Archived