Decisions, decisions!!! Jade OR Spirit?

meltingmoments

So.....we've been on the Sky......first cruise....AND on the Epic....loved both of them for different reasons.

We are now in the fortunate position of looking forward to next year's Summer hols.......but can't agree!! :o

I'm tempted by the Jade and her Greek Islands trip from Venice.....DH is tempted by the Spirit and her 12-day Grand Med trip.

We will fly in from England, so can easily do either........we would do the Spirit from Venice and disembark at Barcelona. Barcelona would maybe give us more options to travel onwards AFTER the cruise, making our holiday up to 15/16 nights. I can't seem to access any options to fly on somewhere after the Jade.......maybe I'm looking at flights out of Venice too early?????

Any thoughts on both ships.....AND both itineraries would be gratefully appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

Rumor has it that the Spirit is a gem in the fleet, a very special ship with an interesting asian decor. The cabins are smaller but the crew is evidently the best ever!

I can't help you at all, just spouting off what I have read. It would come down to ports for me. I think you just need to combine the two trips! Sort of a grand voyage. :D

Rumor has it that the Spirit is a gem in the fleet, a very special ship with an interesting asian decor. The cabins are smaller but the crew is evidently the best ever!

I can't help you at all, just spouting off what I have read. It would come down to ports for me. I think you just need to combine the two trips! Sort of a grand voyage. :D

Lol, combining the 2......remind me to sweet-talk my DH!!!! ;)

Ports ARE a consideration....it's a long time since we went to Greece.......we did SOME of the Spirit's port on our Epic trip.......but there's always more to see! :eek:

I have been on both ships and I loved the Spirit in spite of the smaller cabins (and bathrooms.)

That being said, it really depends on what type of vacation you want. If you are a beach goer, a Greek island would be more relaxing. Seeing everything you can on a Mediterranean cruise usually requires a lot of walking in hot weather, but is worth it in my mind.

In terms of where you can go from Venice. We were there for the day last month while on the Breeze and want to go back.

I have been on both ships and I loved the Spirit in spite of the smaller cabins (and bathrooms.)

That being said, it really depends on what type of vacation you want. If you are a beach goer, a Greek island would be more relaxing. Seeing everything you can on a Mediterranean cruise usually requires a lot of walking in hot weather, but is worth it in my mind.

In terms of where you can go from Venice. We were there for the day last month while on the Breeze and want to go back.

And therein lies the problem!! The Epic trip was port-intensive......I fancy some r and r this time around! DH on the other hand, likes history and culture! Maybe I should just trade him in for a beach lover!! :eek:

If you thought the Epic was port intensive then the Spirit Med is even more so[and I loved it]

The Jade was the very first cruise we did-14 nights Med roundtrip from Southampton and that converted us to cruising

We did the Spirit Med Venice to Barcelona this year and this time we saw more of the Eastern Med and the Greek island of Mykonos

I really liked both ships-obviously smaller than Epic but still plenty to do-the spa on Jade is bigger if that matters

one suggestion is to do the Spirit and stay on board for the ports you've already seen and take advantage of a [probably] quiet ship

If you want a beach day there is Mykonos and the port of Civitiveccia and Toulon have nearby beaches

If you thought the Epic was port intensive then the Spirit Med is even more so[and I loved it]

The Jade was the very first cruise we did-14 nights Med roundtrip from Southampton and that converted us to cruising

We did the Spirit Med Venice to Barcelona this year and this time we saw more of the Eastern Med and the Greek island of Mykonos

I really liked both ships-obviously smaller than Epic but still plenty to do-the spa on Jade is bigger if that matters

one suggestion is to do the Spirit and stay on board for the ports you've already seen and take advantage of a [probably] quiet ship

If you want a beach day there is Mykonos and the port of Civitiveccia and Toulon have nearby beaches

Thank-you for your input! :)

I read your Spirit review....it was excellent!

Your suggestion of doing the Spirit and staying onboard for ports we have done is one to think about!

I guess I am very lucky to be in the position of choosing between what sounds like 2 lovely ships! :)

And therein lies the problem!! The Epic trip was port-intensive......I fancy some r and r this time around! DH on the other hand, likes history and culture! Maybe I should just trade him in for a beach lover!! :eek:

If you can swing it, you might consider the 14-day b2b on the Jade. It would give you the historic opportunities in Dubrovnik, Athens (Acropolis), Ephesus, and Olympia, along with the beaches and beauty of the islands. We did the 14-day last summer, and it was great.

If you can swing it, you might consider the 14-day b2b on the Jade. It would give you the historic opportunities in Dubrovnik, Athens (Acropolis), Ephesus, and Olympia, along with the beaches and beauty of the islands. We did the 14-day last summer, and it was great.

Now THAT would be ideal, but sadly doesn't fit in with British School holidays.....the time I have to go!! :(

Archived