Where can I find Holland America Profit info?

lbt43

I would say if you're looking for financial information you'd be better off looking on financial websites rather than a cruise message board but with a quick internet search you can find a lot of information.

To get you started:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/23/business/carnival-cruise-lines-profit-falls-93-percent.html?_r=0

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-estimates

I would say if you're looking for financial information you'd be better off looking on financial websites rather than a cruise message board but with a quick internet search you can find a lot of information.

To get you started:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/23/business/carnival-cruise-lines-profit-falls-93-percent.html?_r=0

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-estimates

Thanks. I looked,, googled. Couldnt find anything so I turned here.

Yes, I know who the parent company is. The parent company will not give an idea of what holland, the subsidiary makes itself.

Actually it should - in the annual report there should be a breakdown of the different areas of the organization:) That is normal protocol. Look for the in depth annual report (not the abridged one) with the accompanying financial statements and you should see it. if they are not available on line you can request them.

edited to say - I'm looking now (curious) and it appears it is only broken down to North american brands which includes Princess, Carnival & HAL - so the info might not be readily available.

Thanks. I looked,, googled. Couldnt find anything so I turned here.

Doubt very much you will find this info, since HAL is not a publicly traded company..

However, since Carnival Corporation PLC is a Publicly traded company they submit to the SEC quarterly reports & Annual reports are given to their stockholders...

If you look at the CCL quarterly reports, http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-reportsother4

Holland America actually comes under the heading of their North American Cruise Brands along with Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess & Seabourne..Their land Tour revenue is listed seperately..The EAA cruise segment which is also separate includes Costa, Cunard, P & O Australia & P. & O. UK, Ibero & Aida ..They seem to be all lumped together on every quarterly report..see page 17 of the latest Quarterly report which shows revenues, expenditures, depreciation etc of the kit & caboodle.

See pg. 16 of the quarterly report for the following statement from Carnival Corporation PLC...

Quote These individual cruise brand operating segments have been aggregated into two reportable segments based on the similarity of their economic and other characteristics, including types of customers, regulatory environment, maintenance requirements, supporting systems and processes and products and services they provide. Unquote

I don't believe that private companies, whch HAL is, must divulge their financial statements to us, but do know that CCL must give it's shareholders & the SEC financial reports..Perhaps the annual reports have the revenue/expenses broken down by line..I could be completely wrong about this, but hopefully someone who knows about the stock market better than I do will correct me..BTW the CCL stock closed at $37.39 today..

Cheers...:)Betty

If you're so inclined, you can go to this site to get everything that has to filed statutorily. There may be filings in the U.K. due to the dual-listing nature of the beast. Not sure (doubt) if any additional unit breakdown will be disclosed there though.

http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml

If you're so inclined, you can go to this site to get everything that has to filed statutorily. There may be filings in the U.K. due to the dual-listing nature of the beast. Not sure (doubt) if any additional unit breakdown will be disclosed there though.

http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml

I tried this on Edgar searching for "Holland America Cruise Line" & "Holland America Line" & it came back "no matching companies" .

Betty

I tried this on Edgar searching for "Holland America Cruise Line" & "Holland America Line" & it came back "no matching companies" .

You have to look under Carnival 10-K is the annual filing and 10-Q the quartlery (IIRC). You'll be able to see whatever segment breakdown Carnival provides, if any.

Sometimes, you may be able to glean more information from investment analysts who may be able to surmise a more accurate guess (or be downright given more information at presentations) than you and I can.

You have to look under Carnival 10-K is the annual filing and 10-Q the quartlery (IIRC). You'll be able to see whatever segment breakdown Carnival provides, if any.

Sometimes, you may be able to glean more information from investment analysts who may be able to surmise a more accurate guess (or be downright given more information at presentations) than you and I can.

OK..I did look under the quarterly reports & found nothing except the Info I posted in my Post No. 6..Didn't check the Annual report but guess it's time to let the OP do the research now..LOL

Thanks for the tips about Edgar..

Cheers...:)Betty

Not too much help, but from the Career Builder web site here is what HAL says about profits.

Holland America Line is one of the most profitable and growing premium Cruise Lines in the travel industry. Based in beautiful Seattle, Washington, we are an industry leader with more than 130 years of experience doing what we do best; providing once-in-a-lifetime experiences to more than 10 million guests throughout our long and rich history.

You could always try for a seat on the board of directors or hack into the HAL computers, but my guess is that you won't be successful at either one:D

Not too much help, but from the Career Builder web site here is what HAL says about profits.

Holland America Line is one of the most profitable and growing premium Cruise Lines in the travel industry. Based in beautiful Seattle, Washington, we are an industry leader with more than 130 years of experience doing what we do best; providing once-in-a-lifetime experiences to more than 10 million guests throughout our long and rich history.

You could always try for a seat on the board of directors or hack into the HAL computers, but my guess is that you won't be successful at either one:D

Got a good laugh from your post..LOL:D:D:DBetty

Archived