Am I the only one...

Fine and Jim Dandy

I would think no/low calorie artifical sweetners would not be on a cruise - they increase your appitite - look it up!

Sugar is is at least natural

Does this mean there was't any real juice served in the morning?

I thought it was flavored water, as in not sweet. I don't like artificial sugar, but love all kinds of non-sweet water.

For the past several weeks, NCL has been offering a premier dining package only on the Pearl and Jewel. It only costs $79 for the week. Every adult in the cabin must purchase it if one decides to get it.

With the package you can dine in any of the speciality restaurants except Teppanyaki and the sushi option. Cagney's, LeBistro, Moderno, Mama's Kitchen, Chin Chin and Mongolian Hot Pot are all included. You can eat in any of them, as many times as you wish. You can even eat more than once per night if you choose.

The program is testing and I was told it was stopped today and would be available again in November, at least on the Jewel.

I was shocked at the price and also at how so few chose to purchase it. The first night eight couples dined in Cagney's and only four in Mama's. I guess NCL is really trying to get people into the specialties.

We also ate once in LeBistro. Underwhelming yet again.

Is this something you found on the ship? I know they advertised the pre-booking in specialty restaurants but it was once in Cagneys, oncein LeBistro and once in the italian restaurant (I think) - but this sounds different. We always eat in the specialty restaurants and would jump on the chance of doing this - just need to know where to go and sign up for it. We sail on the Jewel in Dec. so hoping it comes back because it sounds like a good deal.

I would think no/low calorie artifical sweetners would not be on a cruise - they increase your appitite - look it up!

Sugar is is at least natural

Does this mean there was't any real juice served in the morning?

I think they had the normal juices available in the morning. I also saw a station on the Gem where they were using a juicer or blender to make fresh fruit and vegetable smoothies in the morning. There was a charge for them but, if you're looking for something really healthy, it's an option.

Archived