Am I the only one...

Fine and Jim Dandy

that thinks the new complimentary beverages are horrible? Just off the Jewel and they had Strawberry Kiwi and Tropical Mango juice in the buffet. They are both sugar free and taste like dirty bathwater. I cannot imagine why NCL would serve these tasteless drinks. I am fairly certain it has something to do with the cost.

that thinks the new complimentary beverages are horrible? Just off the Jewel and they had Strawberry Kiwi and Tropical Mango juice in the buffet. They are both sugar free and taste like dirty bathwater. I cannot imagine why NCL would serve these tasteless drinks. I am fairly certain it has something to do with the cost.

I don't know what dirty bathwater tastes like. What you had isn't a juice though. It's flavored water, which is usually sugar free. I'm not usually a fan of flavored water so I didn't try either. My husband is though, and really liked the Mango. I did have the lemonade and thought it was fine.

I actually liked both of them. I do not drink anything with sugar in it so to me having flavored water instead of the unsweetened ice tea or water was really good. I did not think that they tasted like dirty bathwater. Although, it has been a long time since I drank that :)

As other said, it is not juice, it is not supposed to be juice, it does not have calories like juice, and it should not be compared to juice. certainly it is not everybody's favorite beverage, but neither is lemonade, ice tea, hot tea or coffee...different beverages for different folks or different moods.

I hope you had a nice cruise inspite of the yucky free drinks. What was your fav cruise moment:)

I guess sugar can be added to a drink, but it can't be taken away. Maybe you just needed to sugar it, like some people do with tea and coffee. Me-As long as they still have coffee and iced water on board I'll be happy. (Only non alcoholic beverages I drink-Although I do drink diet coke, but I'm trying to give that up, because of al the nasty chemicals in it-Been on the wagon now for 10 weeks.Although I'm sure I'll sneak a few on my cruise.)

Well that replaced plain water , which is free. So I presume it's not a cost issue.

As other said, it is not juice, it is not supposed to be juice, it does not have calories like juice, and it should not be compared to juice. certainly it is not everybody's favorite beverage, but neither is lemonade, ice tea, hot tea or coffee...different beverages for different folks or different moods.

I would have killed for a lemonade option.

There are many who cannot have sugar either. Guess it's impossible to please everyone.

Let's see, coffee, iced tea, water, strawberry kiwi, tropical mango. All sugar free for lunch and dinner.

Let's count the sugared drinks available for lunch and dinner...

Seems like the people who do not or cannot have sugar win this one.

Anybody can bring on their own soda of choice or bring Crystal lite. Also, if I am not mistaken one can still ask for some lemon and squeeze them into tap water and add ice. I once saw a recipe for old fashioned lemonade and that's how it's made. Who woulda thunk it? :)

Yes the waters are healthy and sugar free. You are free to bring on other soft drinks or buy them. I have been so happy to hear of these new options but have not yet been on a cruise since they have them. Am so thrilled to hear from everyone how good they are. I am very into the healthy options.

Let's see, coffee, iced tea, water, strawberry kiwi, tropical mango. All sugar free for lunch and dinner.

Let's count the sugared drinks available for lunch and dinner...

Seems like the people who do not or cannot have sugar win this one.

You didn't like the strawberry kiwi and tropical mango water anyway. The lemonade likely had sugar in it. You can add sugar to your ice tea and coffee if that's the way you like it. I don't see an issue.

How did you get Cagney's for this price? Not that I would want to eat there that often but curious.

For the past several weeks, NCL has been offering a premier dining package only on the Pearl and Jewel. It only costs $79 for the week. Every adult in the cabin must purchase it if one decides to get it.

With the package you can dine in any of the speciality restaurants except Teppanyaki and the sushi option. Cagney's, LeBistro, Moderno, Mama's Kitchen, Chin Chin and Mongolian Hot Pot are all included. You can eat in any of them, as many times as you wish. You can even eat more than once per night if you choose.

The program is testing and I was told it was stopped today and would be available again in November, at least on the Jewel.

I was shocked at the price and also at how so few chose to purchase it. The first night eight couples dined in Cagney's and only four in Mama's. I guess NCL is really trying to get people into the specialties.

We also ate once in LeBistro. Underwhelming yet again.

Archived