Destiny - Corner Balcony or Suite?

BadJelly

Confused, confused confused :) We are currently booked on a b2b on the Destiny for the first two cruises of the new year. Booking far enough out I snagged a corner balcony - I love my balcony!! Booked ES. I haven't taken a lot of notice of the price flucuations as I was sure there wouldn't be any at least until final payment. Well....looking for another cruise tonight I thought I may as well check while I was in there....the first leg has dropped by $100 and the second by $40...which got me wondering about the suite prices. I can move the first leg to a suite and save $60 and move the second leg and save $60 on that as well. Here is my confusion.....if you've done both cabin types would you move? Is it probably worth holding off a little longer? I mean there are far more suites available than the corner balcony so would I be correct in suspecting the suite price should/may fall lower still? Or even get the elusive up sell fairy phone call? (That I'm not waiting for with baited breath! :rolleyes:)

I sailed on the Destiny in May. I was in cabin 6373. This was the 4th time in this cabin. Out of the 7 days, 5 days we had an awful sewage smell out on the balcony. We could not stay on the balcony. Guest services came up and also smelt it. We love the cabin and the balcony when we could use it. Also had suite on Destiny. If you like being out on the balcony, I would stay in wrap balcony. Hopefully the smell issue was fixed.

We've had the aft wrap on the Destiny twice in the past two years (8328 I think). The balcony is fantastic. We always go with a large group of friends and we've had as many as 16 out there at the same time. However, the room itself is small and akwardly shaped. Not a lot of room to entertain or move around. We had the premium balcony next to the aft wrap (8332 I think) and that was an amazing room! HUGE and you get a long balcony, as well. I will choose that room if we ever sail the Destiny again!

Thank you for the input - I think I'll stay where we are. Which is what I was suspecting I should do in the first place. That I even had to ask and not jump all over the suite probably told me all I needed to know. I've got a dollar figure now in my head that is a cut off point, so we'll see :)

Imlunvcruzn....oddly enough for the third leg of the b2b2b is a girls pre-wedding cruise and for that one of the girls in the group has got that room. The bride and I nearly took it being huge balcony fans but opted to go for the aft extended where we have another two rooms booked in a row. Unfortunately this time we don't have the aft wrap as it was a little pricey, which I'm now kicking myself for.

I love both cabins, but if I were doing a b2b, I'd probably go for the bigger room.

There's more closet space, double sinks in the bathroom, not to mention a "regular" shower/tub combo, and overall more room in the cabin.

We have our morning coffee out on the balcony (which is bigger than a standard balcony cabin, but nothing like the corner!), and we'll usually spend some time out on the balcony before dinner, but that's really it for us.

If you're going to use your balcony alot, stay where you are. If you think you might start feeling cramped after a few days, move to a suite! I think you can't go wrong with either one!

Archived